So, I'm a sophomore at my high school and there's this student/faculty band that plays all kinds of music, like jazz, rock, blues, and funk. It's made up of really talented people. I need to come up with a song that I can play 2:00 of as an audition. It doesn't have to be crazy-difficult or super technical, but just not anything like Smoke on the Water . I'm thinking possibly one of these:

RATM: Know Your Enemy
RATM: Wake Up by RATM
Thin Lizzy: Boys are Back in Town
Black Sabbath: Sabbra Cadabra
ACDC: Have a Drink on Me

What do you guys think? These ^ are just songs I'm personally thinking of playing. I'm 110% open to suggestions What do you guys think? Also, every guitarist auditioning (there are only two haha) have to play the solo from "Frankenstein" by the Edgar Winter Group, so that's about the required difficulty/skill level. Learning it (it's about a minute long) took me about 15 minutes. Also, I've been playing for 4 years if that helps
Dean Z-X w/ Duncan Invader SH-8
Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR w/ Duncan SH-4 JB
ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe (Amber Sunburst)
Vox VT15
Line 6 Spider III

R.I.P Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan
I cum blood.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
i would suggest something maybe a little softer than RATM as it seems youll be playing softer styles in that band. maybe something like MR. P.C. its an awesome blues tune. plus itll show them your styles range further than hard rock...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIvHH12XMm4
Those ****ing suck.
Play TFlood like one above mentionned.

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
Quote by dlguitarmaster7
i would suggest something maybe a little softer than RATM as it seems youll be playing softer styles in that band. maybe something like MR. P.C. its an awesome blues tune. plus itll show them your styles range further than hard rock...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIvHH12XMm4

Well, the band plays stuff like Live and Let Die, Muse songs, YYZ by Rush, and Frankenstein, but yeah I agree with you there.
Vox VT15
Line 6 Spider III

"vivaldi's winter"
I'd give you a fist bump if you could
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Apr 20, 2011,
I'm looking for a really consistent song. Texas Flood and Mr. PC are too sporadic and solo-y. I don't feel like learning what's practically a 4+ minute slow blues solo note for note.
Vox VT15
Line 6 Spider III

As said, can't go wrong with AC/DC. If they play songs like the ones you mentioned then that should be a safe way to go. Plus a lot of AC/DC songs are very rhythm-dependant, so if you play it well it will show that you're able to keep good time and provide a solid flow to the music.
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Spirit crusher. Nuff said.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Satch Boogie.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.