I'm wondering about these? It would be nice to have a somewhat low watt tube combo to pick around with in small gigs. I do enjoy my indie rock and more ambient post/rock influenced alternative music and my styles go from one side to the other. It would be nice to have this sort of small amp to hit the sweet spot earlier and have a higher power amp for the tighter tones. Even small stages would have me mic up my amp where I play, so power isn't an issue. The question is...how would they take dirt pedals (in my sig) clean and how loud does the clean sound even get? Even miked up, I still wonder. The reason I'm looking at them is because they are so cheap used.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
I have had one for about a year and a half. My strat sounds really clean up until a little over half volume, then it's all break up. My LP breaks up way before half volume. The amp has ALOT of highs and alot of people change the tubes out, I willl probably put some JJ's in next but right now mine is all original. I run a Fulltone GT-500 in front of it and that seems to go nicely. I like mine... Hope you like it if you get it.
Quote by sg4ever
I'm wondering about these? It would be nice to have a somewhat low watt tube combo to pick around with in small gigs. I do enjoy my indie rock and more ambient post/rock influenced alternative music and my styles go from one side to the other. It would be nice to have this sort of small amp to hit the sweet spot earlier and have a higher power amp for the tighter tones. Even small stages would have me mic up my amp where I play, so power isn't an issue. The question is...how would they take dirt pedals (in my sig) clean and how loud does the clean sound even get? Even miked up, I still wonder. The reason I'm looking at them is because they are so cheap used.

I spent a bit of time A-B'ing a pro Junior and a Blues Junior, and I ended up with the Blues junior.

What I didn't like about the Pro Jr was the lack of roundness to the tone. being such a low wattage, with a small cabinet and a 10'' speaker, the tone to me is a little lacking in the bottom end. I have the same complaint about the blues junior, but it is alot better (since its a 12" speaker and a larger cabinet)

However, my Blues junior takes pedals VERY well (everything from overdrive to modulation to metal distortion), and I can only assume that the Pro Jr is the same way, since there are alot of similarities in the circuits.

And these ****ers can get LOUD. My BJ is clean up to more than half volume, and thats with a texas special loaded strat. It breaks up sooner with humbuckers though...
Hmmm...okay. I've played a BJ with a few different guitars and it did stay clean for quite a ways up on the volume dial. For this sort of style, I'll be using a Strat so it doesn't push so hard. I realized that the 10incher in the PJ would kill some roundness of tone, but I was hoping it could be tamed? They can be had for quite a low price. The BJ is also pretty cheap used, but not as much as the PJ. I will be using a route 66 overdrive and an MI Audio CB for more rocking tones and want these pedals to go well. My main concern is dialing in a tone that cuts through and it being loud enough mic'd up to stay clean.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Quote by sg4ever
Hmmm...okay. I've played a BJ with a few different guitars and it did stay clean for quite a ways up on the volume dial. For this sort of style, I'll be using a Strat so it doesn't push so hard. I realized that the 10incher in the PJ would kill some roundness of tone, but I was hoping it could be tamed? They can be had for quite a low price. The BJ is also pretty cheap used, but not as much as the PJ. I will be using a route 66 overdrive and an MI Audio CB for more rocking tones and want these pedals to go well. My main concern is dialing in a tone that cuts through and it being loud enough mic'd up to stay clean.

Alright, well when it comes to the VS route 66, its the same overdrive side as my Visual sound route 808. It sounds great, EXCEPT that I have to run an EQ after it with the bass cranked in order to get the kind of bottom end I like on the tone. Think SRV kinda rthym. When it comes to a more traditional strat distorted tone though, the 808 on its own is good.

If you mic an amp you don't need to really push it, so a PJ should stay clean, as long as you have a monitor to hear yourself in. When it comes to pushing through the mix? I think the PJ will do it. I really liked the midrange of that amp, I just can't deal with the lack of low end.

I say go for it. They are great little amps both of them, but i would recommend the BJ over the Pro, as long as you can get a good price...