Page 1 of 3
Maybe a tube amp geared towards metal players that isn't starting at like, $1800. Yes I know there's the JMD and such, but. C'mooooooon.
Something that isn't unfathomably overpriced for what it is.

They'll probably just do reissues though. Possibly like a Golden Jubilee or something. Not too bothered either way.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Apr 20, 2011,
Quote by Flying Couch
Something that isn't unfathomably overpriced for what it is.

They'll probably just do reissues though. Possibly like a Golden Jubilee or something. Not too bothered either way.

i personally think re-issues could be a good idea- depending on what they re-issue and how it's done.
Free half stacks for everybody.
"One day I'm just gonna get of the bus and run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back, I'm gonna be the Knife Master.'"
- The Rev

"It's not how you pick your nose, it's where you put that booger that counts."
-Tre Cool
i would like to see them actually make an amp (non reissue) that sounds nearly as good as the more budget boutique builders *cough* SPLAWN *cough* (for the most part) for a somewhat comparable price.

but being that marshall has just gone down hill, maybe they should just kinda, you know, wither and die.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Well, the only decent amp Marshall has made for many, many years is the Vintage Modern. Maybe a gold VM.
Either that or do a real JTM45 reissue - and a REAL reissue, not something that just looks the same but is in reality loaded with a plethora of op-amps. An actual reissue, complete with valve rectifier. Maybe with a valve driven FX loop that can be truly bypassed but that's about as far as I'd accept it apart from the inevitable gold tolex.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i would like to see them actually make an amp (non reissue) that sounds nearly as good as the more budget boutique builders *cough* SPLAWN *cough* (for the most part) for a somewhat comparable price.

but being that marshall has just gone down hill, maybe they should just kinda, you know, wither and die.

The thought crossed my mind to post "They should just curl up and die."

Personally, I don't care what they do, because whatever it is it will be overpriced so whatever.
The two channel 800 idea is great. I vote for anything affordable and made to a high quality, you know something like Splawn would put out. Preferably all tube and no SS. I have a hard time understanding why all the best sounding, beloved Marshall amps aren't currently made and there is no modern counterpart to these.
I've played through a Silver Jubilee, it was definitely the best Marshall I've played through.

We need more of that, though the problem being, a re-issue would be lacking compared to the original products and it'd probably be twice the cost.
lower prices. higher quality.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
*Insert nice idea that would never happen here*

They're gonna reissue something classic, but it'll probably be total shit compared to the originals, and collectors and fanboys will pick them up. Marshall will be a couple million dollars richer, and we'll still be here bitching.

I say for Marshall's 50th anniversary we boycott them and all get Splawns.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Cancel MG series and lower all prices by 15%-20%. That way, I'd consider buying one of their amps, but never actually buy it because I'd still get a better amp for the same price somewhere else.
Quote by dannycasevnx
Tube MG... Seriously <_<

Maybe a special edition VM, I quite liked those or maybe a complete new amp thats reasonably priced and doesnt sound fizzy.

In my mind a tube mg is the MA
Quote by dannycasevnx
Tube MG... Seriously <_<

Already exists. It's called the MA. It actually sounds really good...

...in a garbage incinerator.
Either something Vintage Modern based or a hot-rodded JCM800 with a clean channel.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Sell the JCM 800 for what they sold it for 50 years ago.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by rockxwl
Sell the JCM 800 for what they sold it for 50 years ago.

AKA it doesn't exist and neither does Marshall as a company?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Actually, know what I'd like to see? A reissue of the Studio 15. That was a nice little amp.
Id like to see them go out of business, or announce old specs are being brought back for newer cabs.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Totally new line, I mean, it's really f'n hard to keep track of Marshall has done. ****, a new website would be wonderful.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
they are going to release some supposedly "revolutionary" new POS, and maybe some way over priced vintage reissues.

i already said it in this thread, but i hope they just wither up and die.

+1 to boycotting marshall and buying SPlawn
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Page 1 of 3