I picked this up about a week ago but didn't actually load anything in it until yesterday. I'm using a pair of 70s Celestion Blackbacks since my Scums are in a different cab, for now at least. I'll probably try them out this weekend.

Using the same speakers, I notice that it's much more balanced sounding than my old cab. The lows are less prominent but are still plentiful and tight. It makes for a less boomy tone that still sounds big due to the ported design. The highs are prominent but smooth due to some diffusion going on due to the piece of wood supporting the logo. It's nice and lightweight which is a huge plus for me because I've had several back problems over the last few years and I'm not supposed to do any heavy lifting for the next couple of months.

Construction quality is awesome. High quality plywood, nice joints, perfect tolex application, heavy duty handles, stainless steel t nuts and other hardware, acoustic dampening foam applied to all interior surfaces, etc. Plus it looks classy.

The front loading is really appreciated. It made loading the speakers in a 2 minute task rather than the 20-30 minute ordeal my other (rear loading) cab requires.

I'll get the matching head eventually. I just need to find one for a nice price.

Price paid: $350 shipped, used
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
The amp is a THD Flexi 50. It's a real early one, serial number 44.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
cool cab matt.
Sometimes I think about sending my cabs back to emperor and having them add ports, but as long as I don't know how much better they might sound I'm fine. for heavy stuff I probs don't want ported cabs anyway