palyed a mockingbird st today, and was quite fond of it. thought about buying it but a couple things drew me back, so a question to all owners of this guitar:

1:the floyd on the one i played was and original...but went horribly out of tune on use. salesdude said cause it wasnt set up right, he lying or is it that bad?

2: how are the stock pups? im looking for great cleans, some classic rock gain, and high gain solo stuff. (not looking for anything spectacular)....rockfeild pickups i think they were called?

3: what does that extra 4th knob do that has a 5 way selection. it sounded like a boost but i read online that it was a "5 way phase"? what is that o.0

ty for all replies in advance
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Last edited by EspTro at Apr 21, 2011,
The salesman was probably right about it not being set up properly, it shouldn't of went out of tune.
Ask around on the BC Rich Players Forum. I feel I say that a lot, but it's good advice
it's not a schaller OFR, it's the cheaper korean one.

What he's saying might be true, or it might not. I think someone on another forum i go to had one, and it didn't stay in tune either. Turned out to be dodgy springs, iirc.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?