My Pick Punch was awaiting me upon my arrival home from work. This thing is nifty. I ordered sheets of Acetal Delrin, which is very similar to Tortex, just not the name brand, and a sheet of Polycarbonate.

The Punch easily goes through the Acetal, but requires a bit of elbow grease to get through the Polycarbonate. That is some tough plastic let me tell you. Both materials are .80mm thick and qualify as medium guage picks. The Punch is the "351" shape, but it is slightly smaller than the standard Fender 351 shape.

I have not done any finishing to either pick I've punched so the edges are a little rough, but they just need to be hit with a sanding block. The Polycarbonate is noticeably brighter than the Acetal, and a bit stiffer as well. So far I really like how they feel while playing.

I'm planning on attempting some of the image imbedded picks so I'll update this thread once I try those out.

On the left is a 2 mm Dunlop Stubby, the center is the Acetal pick I made, and the right is a Fender Medium
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Last edited by lbj273 at Apr 21, 2011,
lemme try to fix that. damn photobucket being down in a time of need
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

howzzat?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

no but they also sell a jazz shaped punch
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

So I got down to work and figured out the way to maximize the pick yield.

First I set up my Blade Runner with a jig to cut the material into strips about 1.25" tall

each strip yields 3 picks

I accidentally sanded one of the Polycarbonate ones a little bit to much, but it gave it this cool frosted look so I ran with it.

The frosted look not only looks cool, but it also means it will be a little harder to lose the pick since its not perfectly clear
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020