Okay, I bought a Jackson RR3 from guitar center used about a month ago. It was about $300. I know what you're thinking, HOW DID HE GET A $900 GUITAR FOR $300?!?!?!?! Well, I did my research before buying and was pretty sure it wasn't an RR3. It does not have a floyd rose, and all RR3's on google images have floyd roses. I was wondering if it was an RR5, seeing as it is that they have tune-o-matics with through body string slots (or whatever it's called when you insert the strings through the back of the body.) I checked Jackson's serial number database and realised that they do not keep track of foreign made Jacksons. I really don't need any special research, just assurance that I have an RR5. Also, could anybody give me insight on what the difference between an RR5 and RR3 is, if it is the presence of a floyd rose? I can give extra info if any is needed. Thanks.
Quote by Skullivan
Okay, I bought a Jackson RR3 from guitar center used about a month ago. It was about $300. I know what you're thinking, HOW DID HE GET A $900 GUITAR FOR $300?!?!?!?! Well, I did my research before buying and was pretty sure it wasn't an RR3. It does not have a floyd rose, and all RR3's on google images have floyd roses. I was wondering if it was an RR5, seeing as it is that they have tune-o-matics with through body string slots (or whatever it's called when you insert the strings through the back of the body.) I checked Jackson's serial number database and realised that they do not keep track of foreign made Jacksons. I really don't need any special research, just assurance that I have an RR5. Also, could anybody give me insight on what the difference between an RR5 and RR3 is, if it is the presence of a floyd rose? I can give extra info if any is needed. Thanks.

pictures?
it could be like a js30
do the pickups say "jackson" on them
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
If it isn't neck through, it's not an RR5.

RR3's have bolt-on necks and LFR and Duncans

Not all RR5's are just fixed bridges. There is the RR5FR with an OFR. the fixed bridge is called the RR5T (T meaning Tune-O-Matic). Like the RR3, they also have Duncans. RR5T's are somthing like £1000 or about $1400 (at least that's where the nearest guitar store to me that has an RR5 is selling it for).

Chances are mate, you have a JS series Jackson if you only paid 300 for it
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Apr 21, 2011,
It has matching Duncan pups (detonaters I believe), bolt on neck, two volume, two tone. If that helps, I don't like posting pics online, don't ask why, I just feel uncomfortable with it. I may add that the reason it was $300 was because it had a large chip out of the larger fin.
EDIT: I was told that it may be modded because most rhoads's don't have 4 pots.
Last edited by Skullivan at Apr 21, 2011,
Sounds like a heavily modded JS Rhoads
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Well, I'm highly convinced it is not a JS, mainly because it has the metallic gold faceplate.