up until about six months ago, my Gibsons were on stands, more amps moved into the room, so they had to get up on wall hangers (i prefer them there anyways,as i feel they are safer). but since then i have noticed that they are going out of tune easier than the did in the past.

has anybody noticed anything similar.

also i do realize this could be the continual climate change living in florida, we have had a lot of up/down temps and humidity, and i know that causes wood to swell and contract, and make guitars out of tune. so i am aware of this,

but again has anybody noticed hanging gibsons going out of tune on a regular basis?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Yeah, I'm just banking on luck and climate here. If you were to put them in cases, you'd probably find a far more significant difference with either and the case than the stand and hanger.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
it could have something to do with extra stress on the neck angle (gibson neck angles aren't known for their stability) but i wouldn't be sure
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
Quote by kandex
it could have something to do with extra stress on the neck angle (gibson neck angles aren't known for their stability) but i wouldn't be sure

from where it hangs with these paticular hangers, its not hanging as much on the angle part as it would with other hangers i have seen. i don't know, its probably climate, and its probably my paranoia.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
The answer to this question is.....no. Maybe you are knocking a tuner when putting in and taking off the hanger.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
i prefer my gibson on the old floor stand. plus i also keep it in my case on the floor stand.

i dont think that it's due to the angle and hanging on it with a wall hanger. the thing is that it is one piece of wood and wood cant be 'strechted'(or however i write it) by earth's gravity as far as i know.

probably knocking a tune knobs when picking it up or putting it away.
I have two stands and 8 guitars, so they get to lean against the wall in corners or on furniture. The most common cause for out of tune seems to be bumping the tuners against the wall. You can tell that's what caused it if its one or two strings that are wrong and the others are still right.

If they are all off, then its probably climate. How high are they hanging? And are they against an outside wall or an interior wall? There can be quite a temperature difference in different points in the same room.