Hi, I want a bright harmonics sound but can have a warm sound if it wants.... I have alder body and looking to buy a neck on Warmoth, but what type of fretboard and wood shaft should I get, I play a lot of Zeppelin and GN'R but im starting to get more into the metal stuff, harmonics all that... Im putting a DiMarzio and a Seymour duncan, im not sure really what models yet...

Thanks!
Last edited by GuitarzMyThing at Apr 21, 2011,
A one piece maple neck. Their Pro Vintage series are nice.

EDIT: Whoa, didn't see the metal thing there. You'll probably want a darker fretboard to cut the trebles and punch. Maple Neck, Rosewood Fretboard, low/smooth frets.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Apr 21, 2011,
Quote by GuitarzMyThing
Is there such thing?

There's Vintage Modern, and there's Warmoth Pro. All I know for a difference is where the truss rod adjustor is and how the truss rod expands. As far as playability, I don't think there would be much of a difference. I have a Pro neck on my Jazzmaster and I love it.

He was right about wood combination though, probably maple with a rosewood board. For more modern metal you may want ebony for the fretboard, but a rosewood one should still do you fine, it's just not optimal.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
If you want a warmer sound, go for a mahogany neck with rosewood or ebony fingerboard.
your wasting time trying to read this ^_^
Quote by Unitc
If you want a warmer sound, go for a mahogany neck with rosewood or ebony fingerboard.

I've never heard of anybody using mahogany with alder on a bolt-on, but yeah, that would probably do it. It's just really unconventional is all, it hadn't even crossed my mind.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.