So basically there are a bunch of refugees who wont be let into the community at a detainee center and they have gone around in early hours of the morning burning down the surrounding buildings and vandalizing property. They have ended up stranded on a roof with surrounding fires throwing tiles from the roof at fire fighters who are trying to put out the fires. They have made claims that firefighters have tried to hose them off the roof with their hoses but the firefighters deny this and say they save people not point hoses at them. The refugees on the roof have also been told to just kill themselves by surrounding members of the community and they are angry about that as well as not receiving any food supply for the amount of time they have been up there. They plan to stay there for at least a couple more nights protesting for what they want which is to be let into the country and given freedom.

What are your thoughts?
Keep Evolving.
Looks like Australia could really do with a group with such logical ideas
Quote by jibran
Zemsey, your avatar is a bastard.

Keep Evolving.
So the next time I want something I can burn a building down and sit on a roof?
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
They're a bad example for the rest of the prisoners, unfortunately.

Put yourselves in their position though. You lived in a war-torn country, you made a daring escape for a fabled 'free' land. You survived pirates, storms, and drowning. You got locked up upon arrival.

That's bound to make anyone bitter. People need to realise that immigrants aren't bad. They're not terrorists. Locking them up like this is inhumane. It's only going to make them bitter, and give them less chance to be granted citizenship.

I'm not saying we should let in everyone who arrives on our shores, but we should at least give them proper living conditions until they gain citizenship.
yeah I don't think I could believe firefighters would do that, not even our police are ballsy enough to do that given the chance.
yo.

I BELIEVE
attack their home country
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
attack their home country

I think we are already doing that.
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Don't think anyone would care if they did kill themselves.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Quote by Dan_5893
*assumes Australianism* Bugger off, country's full.

Quote by Butt Rayge

Put yourselves in their position though. You lived in a war-torn country, you made a daring escape for a fabled 'free' land. You survived pirates, storms, and drowning. You got locked up upon arrival.

That's bound to make anyone bitter. People need to realise that immigrants aren't bad. They're not terrorists. Locking them up like this is inhumane. It's only going to make them bitter, and give them less chance to be granted citizenship.

I'm not saying we should let in everyone who arrives on our shores, but we should at least give them proper living conditions until they gain citizenship.

I agree.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I think it's hilarious when Australians says either "the country's full!" or "I don't like immigrants". Considering Australia's size and immigration history it's just... mindblowing.

Quote by Butt Rayge

Agreed.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Apr 21, 2011,
Quote by Butt Rayge

Exactly. Not to mention the length of time some spend in detention centres when the arrive.
I think they should've let them in BEFORE they started all the fires, but raising anarchy is not a protest...and I don't think they should be let inside at all.
It's ****ing stupid that they're locked up like that and it's ****ing stupid that a twat like Tony Abbot can get away with saying shit like 'Stop the Boats, we don't need more of their kind' and almost get voted Prime Minister. I was ashamed to be an Australian voter when parliament was hung with that dickhead in a leadership position.

There's a horrible demonisation and stigma around refugees. Uninformed morons seem to think that it's a threat to our security and way of life, then go out to get chinese takeaway, served by someone who, while probably of asian descent, is not chinese and then get in their Japanese car and sit in front of their korean television watching something from America, all while carrying a severe case of xenophobia. It's bullshit and people need to wake the **** up.

KEdit: Forgot to mention they probably migrated out here in the 40's.
Last edited by KTFM at Apr 21, 2011,
Quote by KTFM
It's ****ing stupid that they're locked up like that and it's ****ing stupid that a twat like Tony Abbot can get away with saying shit like 'Stop the Boats, we don't need more of their kind' and almost get voted Prime Minister. I was ashamed to be an Australian voter when parliament was hung with that dickhead in a leadership position.

There's a horrible demonisation and stigma around refugees. Uninformed morons seem to think that it's a threat to our security and way of life, then go out to get chinese takeaway, served by someone who, while probably of asian descent, is not chinese and then get in their Japanese car and sit in front of their korean television watching something from America, all while carrying a severe case of xenophobia. It's bullshit and people need to wake the **** up.

KEdit: Forgot to mention they probably migrated out here in the 40's.

Well said. I only moved here about 8 months ago, and was staggered at how accurate the stereotype of how Aussies are xenophobic can be. Don't get me wrong, I love it here and most Aussies are great guys, but jesus christ there are some right morons here, and they make themselves heard, a lot.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
I doubt the Gillard government wants the boats any more than the Abbot government. Also, Aussies are quite possibly the least xenophobic I've seen. Show me a less racist country.
Last edited by Cianyx at Apr 21, 2011,
Sweden.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Australia. o wait

Seriously though, Gillard needs to stop spending money on retarded shit and fix this refugee problem. Sending them all to prison is not an option
Last edited by Cianyx at Apr 21, 2011,
Canada.
A penny for my thoughts?

A bargain I say!

I'll give you a dollar

Take them all away...
Quote by Cianyx
I doubt the Gillard government wants the boats any more than the Abbot government. Also, Aussies are quite possibly the least xenophobic I've seen. Show me a less racist country.

Mmm it's an interesting one. When I was living in NZ and people found out I was Australian they all immediately and quite literally assumed I was racist in one way or another. My response pretty much being lolwut? Like anywhere though, depends where in the country you go.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
My experiences here in regards to racist attacks is virtually non-existent. Even though I live in the west and take the train every day
I think as soon as they lit the fires, they should have been put on a boat and sent off to sea.
"If you don't let us into your country, we'll burn it down".

Nice way to treat your new hosts.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Apr 21, 2011,
Lol at people saying that aus has plenty of room. Just so you know, most of it is desert...
We don't have the infrastructure, food supplies etc. to support shitloads of people just turning up on the door step. There's not many at the moment but as soon as you just let people in without any sort of immigration policy everyone and their dog'll start turning up. All you people taking the moral high-ground feel free to open the doors to your own country to help out. Hey, i heard russia's huge, plenty of people could fit in there...
Last edited by matt154 at Apr 21, 2011,
I'm not sure of the exact statistic but the make-up of people who live in Australia illegally is mostly students staying beyond their visa and much less than 10% of them are legitimate refugees seeking asylum from their own traumas. Tell me how that's fair? The minority 'problem' are locked up and refused any sort of human decency, while there are actual free-loaders living the luxurious life illegally...