Poll: Would you buy a Fractal Effects unit (like axe with no amp models)?
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you buy a Fractal Effects unit (like axe with no amp models)?
Yes
8 57%
No
6 43%
Voters: 14.
i would love to see fractal audio make a rackmounted effects processor, no amp sims, just effects with the same editing capabilities. basically like a better version of TC Electronics G-Major 2.

just adding a poll if this becomes a big thread, maybe we could proove interst to them.

edit:

the reason this would be nice would be for the person who is already getting the tone they want out of a tube amp, that just wants tiip top quality effects.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Apr 21, 2011,
In all honesty, i'd be perfectly happy with amp sims aswell as the effects they come with
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Quote by !-twisty-!
In all honesty, i'd be perfectly happy with amp sims aswell as the effects they come with

it would ideally be priced differently though, having less features.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
But it would still be quite dear knowing fractal, also then you have to pay for a tube amp etc
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Quote by !-twisty-!
But it would still be quite dear knowing fractal, also then you have to pay for a tube amp etc

I think it's not a case of "if you buy the rack effects unit you need an amp" it's a case of "if you're happy with your amp, you can still use the great effects with a fractal rack unit".

Which I would be quite happy with to be honest! I'd never be able to afford it, and I'm a bit too much of a plebeian to fully understand how to work a MIDI controlled floor setup, but it's still a nice idea.
i think it would be good for people who want the quality of the axe-fx but they already have their ideal amp sound..

still probably wouldn't make sense cause you only ready NEED like 4-6 different effects...unless your doing covers.
Quote by tele-a-holic
still probably wouldn't make sense cause you only ready NEED like 4-6 different effects...unless your doing covers.

I've heard this sort of "you only need effects if you do covers" sorta thing before, and I don't understand it at all.

I'm in three covers bands (one as a bassist) and in only one of them I use 3 effects.
However, in any original stuff I do myself there are plenty of effects used in there (phasers, flangers, chorus, reverbs, delays, etc etc). So in my case I don't use effects as a covers artist.

It also of course depends on what type of musician you are, for example, post-rock original artists will use a lot more effects than an AC/DC covers band.

Sorry to go all like this and off topic, but this sort of sweeping statement annoys me!
Quote by tele-a-holic
i think it would be good for people who want the quality of the axe-fx but they already have their ideal amp sound..

thats exactly my point (bolded text), i am more than happy with my amps, and don't always want a pedal board with me, and am not always in the mood to be playing hopscotch dancing on footswitches.

you only do need so many effects, but i would be happy if i could switch presets with a midi controller, and it would just be easier and more compact with certain things.

i am not saying this is the answer for everyone, but am saying if you are happy with your amp situation, a nice MFX rack unit with fractal's quality could be a well received product.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
They give you the world, and you want the moon and Mars with it.....

srsly, can't you run the Axe-FX in an FX loop and turn off the amp processing?
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by NosralTserrof
They give you the world, and you want the moon and Mars with it.....

srsly, can't you run the Axe-FX in an FX loop and turn off the amp processing?

i could, but i would never spend the money doing it. ideally if something like this ever came out, maybe it would be like a grand or something. i would pay a grand for a top notch effects unit.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i could, but i would never spend the money doing it. ideally if something like this ever came out, maybe it would be like a grand or something. i would pay a grand for a top notch effects unit.

Yeah, I was going to tell the guy that said it would still be quite dear that I think it would be around $1000. Great minds think alike
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
there's no reason for them to do it.

unless they somehow got like a less powerful version of the processor for half off...

in which case the end user would get 25 off.

fractal's actually doing it right...unlike that rape fest of a digital pedal company *cough* strymon.

It's a computer. You buy the computer and they give you all the software.

if you bought the computer and didn't get all the software. that would be lame. and you'd just have a retarded digital pedal.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer