Hey, never posted here before so first hi So basically I'm looknig for a new 'workhorse' guitar because my 78' SG2000 is a bit too valuable to bring to school and round friends houses. My budget is around £300-£350 and I play mainly rock (most sub genres) and blues. I was thinking maybe a Japanese Tele or Strat or a fenix (80s/90s copy brand, great though). Welcome any suggestions or advice. Cheers
you should just about get a mexican fender standard strat for that budget. try a few out before buying, they can vary from one to another in quality.

that's what i'd look at in your price range.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
not much point in going rondo when you're in the UK

Considering you like MIJ, you can get an MIJ Tokai GS100 (basically a strat copy, but with a wilkinson trem and altered scratchplate) for around £350-£400 new from shops (well, it's a slightly older model, so more like new old stock, but yeah).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
thanks guys

drjohn: yeah I was afraid of that haha.
aeromakesmusic: as dave said, I live in the uk so that may be a problem haha, interesting website anyways though, thanks.
DaveMc: never thought of tokai, are greco good? I'm sorry but that stratchplate is ugly, yuk! thanks though haha.
ah ok.

you can get (new) MIJ tokais with the "right" shape of scratchplate, but they're more like £500 or £550

Never tried a greco, but they have a similar rep to tokai, as far as i'm aware. Maybe ask over at the tokai registry forum?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
ah ok.

you can get (new) MIJ tokais with the "right" shape of scratchplate, but they're more like £500 or £550

Never tried a greco, but they have a similar rep to tokai, as far as i'm aware. Maybe ask over at the tokai registry forum?

Haha yeah, I just need a tad more money Fernandes are also very good (or so I've heard). My uncle has one in (http://www.whitstableguitars.co.uk/1986fernandesle2mij.htm) that he said is nice. Nothing a bit of saving up and family discount can't get aye haha
yeah mij fernandeses are meant to be good too, but i've only tried the newer (non-MIJ) ones.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
in case anyones interested ive got a guitar, I won it off ebay today. A '96 japanese fender tele, '62 reissue
Quote by aeromakesmusic
im going to recommend what i always recommend....
rondomusic.com

+1
Quote by ZaÐ
+1

Read the entire thread before posting. TS is obviously in the UK so recommending Rondo/Agile doesn't help. Also, TS has already solved the problem so no point in recommending anything.

in case anyones interested ive got a guitar, I won it off ebay today. A '96 japanese fender tele, '62 reissue

Congrats! That's an awesome guitar. Should we expect a NGD thread soon?
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
Read the entire thread before posting. TS is obviously in the UK so recommending Rondo/Agile doesn't help. Also, TS has already solved the problem so no point in recommending anything.

Congrats! That's an awesome guitar. Should we expect a NGD thread soon?

+1

NGD = New Guitar Day
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?