Hey guys, I think of myself as a intermediate guitarist since I've been playing for almost 8 years now (I'm 23)...

Anyway, it's time for New Amp Day and I'm not a gearhead, but I'm getting sick of my solid state. So, I'm trying to decide if I should get a Fender Deluxe tube combo, or just get a 412 Avatar cab with some Greenbacks.

What are my options?

- I play pop/punk (think 60's pop meets grunge)
- I'll be playing coffee shops & a couple of festivals this year.
- Touring next year
- I need crystal clear CLEANS!
- I currently play a Fender strat
- Budget $450-$500
you realise that the avatar cab is just the speakers, and that you need an amp too, right?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Speaking from experience of lugging around a 4x12 cab and Peavey 6505+ head, I'd say go with the combo. It may not look as cool, but it is more practical for a coffee shop and festivals. Unless you're playing Download or Warped Tour, I don't think you'll ever need a cabinet. I hate carrying mine around and I'll be building a 2x12 or a 1x12 soon to use instead...
You can't just buy a cabinet and expect it to make sound. It doesn't work that way. Either buy the combo or save up a lot and buy the half stack (cab and head) of your choice
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
A 2x12 cab should be all you need. If you play someplace where that isn't enough, then its pretty much guaranteed that there will be a PA system you can use for mic'ing.