A Blackheart BH100H 'Hot Head'

Teh sounds!

So I picked this up for a steal, to scratch the old Marshall itch. It cost me £125 and a pedal.

Review.
I actually really like it, I expected it to be okay but I've really started enjoying it. I sounds pretty awesome and the build quality seems top notch. Not opened it up for guts yet but it feels like it can take a knock easily in it's stride.

The thing I don't like is the FX loop. It doesn't actually run effects at all well, reverb doesn't sound too bad but delay sounds pretty grim back there. Not much of an issue because I'll probably run this dry and the Matamp wet if I use it live.

Question: I should be fine running this and the Matamp through the same cab right? My speakers are rated at 75W each and the volume never comes up too high. Obviously with Ohm matched and everything, the cab has the option to run 8Ohm mono or 16Ohm Stereo.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Confrabulations, Ben!

Don't use the two heads in the one cabinet at the same time. The cabinet probably isn't stereo so when one amp is running through the cabinet the other amp will not have a load and will be severely damaged.

I was corrected the other day; the only way to do what you desire is to use a stereo cabinet that uses two separate signal paths, so to speak. One set of 12" speakers runs with one amp on one side of the 4x12 cabinet while the other set runs another amp.

You could also use a Radial Headbone switcher, an active switcher that allows you to use two amps with one mono cabinet. It basically acts as a load for the one that isn't running. Both amps can't be played simultaneously, though, so I'm aware.

Also, you have to be aware that, particular a Matamp, when it is played loudly it is overdriving and thus producing way more power and wattage than what it is rated at. So if you're running the master volume up half way and the preamp up full, you could be producing 75 watts right there, enough to slightly damage a single 75W speaker.
I've been very interested in these and have not yet played one. Most of dirty parts sounded the same - how much variance or range can you get out of this thing. I forgot it had A/AB and Half Power switches.

Slide was interesting. Dr Feelgood and Paranoid FTW
Cheers Dan

The cab does say it's stereo, which is why I've got thinking about it. It definitely says stereo at 16 Ohm with 2 inputs on the back so I'm not too sure.

Ideally I'd go to Jeff and ask for a 4x12 split into 2 stereo paths for this but I can't afford it at the moment.

EDIT: 311, I've not actually played around with the switching too much. I've just kinda found a setting I like and stuck with it. I prefer the class A at 30W.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Last edited by SimplyBen at Apr 21, 2011,
Very nice mate

£125 cant complain hey?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
HNAD! How much do these usually go for, and what was the pedal? Did this satisfy your marshall itch?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Check on the Half power thing too. I know on my amp I have to cut the ohm load in half whenever I'm in half power (which is all the time).

I would take the back off the cab to be doubly sure. If both speakers are 16 ohm and have dedicated paths then just set each amp to 16 and go. Just remember you will have a 100w amp into a 75w speaker.

Welcome to the Blackheart club
Damn that sounds nice, I was actually thinking of getting one of these at some point. Probably would of if one came up for £125! Got a bit more gain than I expected as well, any chance of some gutshots?
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
that slide riff sounded awesome.
My Gear:
Fender 65' Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe
Epi Les Paul Special Plus
Seagull S6 Original
Pitchblack>Tubescreamer>Xotic AC Booster

My Band - A Waste Odyssey
Quote by SimplyBen
Cheers Dan

The cab does say it's stereo, which is why I've got thinking about it. It definitely says stereo at 16 Ohm with 2 inputs on the back so I'm not too sure.

Ideally I'd go to Jeff and ask for a 4x12 split into 2 stereo paths for this but I can't afford it at the moment.

EDIT: 311, I've not actually played around with the switching too much. I've just kinda found a setting I like and stuck with it. I prefer the class A at 30W.
I'd say it should be fine then. Just try not to tear the speakers with the weird phasing that can sometimes happen.
HNAD! I've always wanted a blackheart, sounds great. Btw, couch guitar straps FTW!
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
I played one of those at Manson's in Exeter, UK. It had been sat there for quite a while and was on offer because the shop had it a while. I thought, "what the hell, give it ago". I thought for that price (cheap) it was worth a play. I blew it up. Plugged in, turned on. Let it warm up for a while and then it was mediocre and then there was a massive pop/ crack then it died... T'was an awkward moment.
Very cool. Dug the MATSOD riff. I noticed the gain levels didn't sound very different. Where you playing with the same amount of distortion throughout the video? Also, that's too bad about the fx loop. A good working fx loop is a must for me if I use a channel switching amp for clean to dirty.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
HNAD! Sounds great.

Also, that tele is teh sex :licklips: What model is that, or is it customized/homemade?
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
The slight drops up and down are me turning my Tube Driver on and off, but other than that I was playing with the F'n loud channel on full drive but with the level fairly low. It's not really a demo more a how I'd use it type thing.

The Tele is a MIM Fender, limited edition. It plays and sounds as good as it looks

The pedal I traded off was an EHX Micro Synth that I didn't use and was huge

Cheers guys!
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

Looks like a really nice sounding rig dude. Congrats.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5