Hi.
I was wondering what you guys reckon are the best brands of guitar cables? I used to use planet waves but they always break on me!!
Any help would be great.
Thanks.
"Planet Waves'd" is a term alot of guitarists here use to describe anything that is broken.

Edit- And I use Fender cables, they seem to last for me.
zzyzx cables are pretty good. There are loads mate

IMHO the best are Mogami Gold HD Cables. V.Expensive though.
i have a 10ft ibanez and a 20ft road hog, neither have broke and ive had em for 2-3 years
I use DiMarzio braided cables, practically indestructable! Love them all the way.
My Rig: Gibson SG Menace
Gibson Les Paul Menace (Heavy Modded Project)
PRS Mike Mushok Baritone
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Epiphone Dot Deluxe
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Epiphone Worn '66 Wilshire
Egnater 15W Tweaker, 112 Cab
All cables I use are Evidence and they are just awsome.
Mogami are also really nice.
been using the entry level Monster's $25 for 18' been good no problems yet and they have the warranty. I have also heard people praise Mogami but as stated expensive I've never used them but they also have the warranty.
Live Rig:
Peavey VK (power amp)
R&R Amps SL/LD (preamp)
EB Volume
Zoom G3
Morpheus Dive bomber
Dunlop 95Q
Guitar-any in my stable
5150 Cab (V30/Sheffield X-pat)
My cable of choice is the Monster S100 cable. Best IMO for value/price. You can grab the 21' off MF for like $14 bucks right now. The 12' is like $15 I think haha

EDIT: I feel like we get this thread once a week..wish we could sticky one of these or something.
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
My cable of choice is the Monster S100 cable. Best IMO for value/price. You can grab the 21' off MF for like $14 bucks right now. The 12' is like $15 I think haha

EDIT: I feel like we get this thread once a week..wish we could sticky one of these or something.

There is a tutorial on making your own cables in the Essential Links thread of the GB&C forum.
I buy my local store's brand of cables because they're pretty good build quality, Neutrik jacks & beefy insulation and really easy to fix if need be.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Apr 21, 2011,
I use Dimarzio Cables (Both standard and Overbraid). I love their "Vintage Tweed" looks. I bought one of them last year to replace some of those cheap Monster S100 cables, and after about a month I completely redid my whole rig with Dimarzio's (7 Jumper Cables, 2 20ft. Cables, and 2 6ft cables).

I wont ever look back, I am sure there are even better cables out there, but the relatively low price and quality of the Dimarzio's makes them the best deal, IMO. I have yet to break one.
Alessandro Instrument Pros. Sure, it's $2k for 20 feet but you've never heard your tone if you don't use pure silver cables.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Monsters are nice. I use Mogami's tho. theyre expensive but you get a lifetime warranty, so if anything ever happens to it, you can just go trade it in for a new one. probably one of the highest quality cables made
Supposedly cleartone cables are joss and cheap as hell
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration