Neck Thru?
24 frets and an ebony fretboard?

Also needs to cost around £450 new.

Thanks

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Apr 21, 2011,
tell me when you find this guitar because it sounds great. Good luck finding one that cheap though
dimarzio pickups and locking tuners can be fitted to any guitar, but finding a 24 fret neck-thru guitar with an ebony board that doesn't have a floyd rose will be tough. there are a few esp ltds with 24 frets and ebony boards, and some schecters too, but these have fixed bridges or floyd roses
Last edited by gman128 at Apr 21, 2011,
Challenge Accepted.

Well hot damn,

I bought the wrong guitar and I couldnt be happier

I set out this morning expecting to be buying an LTD FM418 ( 8 string guitar ) and I left instead with the above guitar.

Its an LTD PH600 ( Paige Hamilton from Helmet ) Signature guitar.

Spec wise its pretty unique:

Neck-Thru-Body
25.5” Scale
Alder Body
Maple Neck
Ebony Fretboard
42mm Standard Nut
Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
ESP Locking Tuners
Wilkinson VS-100 Vibrato
Dimarzio Air Zone (B) /
Fast Track I (N) p.u.
Finish: “Brushed Aluminum

It is seriously cool looking guitar and its visually very well balanced, with the old school Cockstock and script logo, I think its one of the prettiest guitars made by LTD. Sadly this one is now discontinued.

I played this guitar a few months back and hated it. The neck felt off and the trem was awkward. A few months and a setup and new strings this felt like my dream guitar.

After my injury the slightly thicker/narrow neck feels alot more comfortable than my old Ibanez necks

The way this guitar plays is like most super strats, its very smooth and comfortable, the ebony board without inlays is a very very nice touch and looks great. Considering that most top end LTDs have too much bling and inlays, I really like this bare bones look. the neck thru, proper neck thru at that! Makes it easy to get the the top frets and gives it a nice punchy responsive feel through the amps I have but it through.

The fact this has a vintage style trem is awesome, the Wilkinson/Gotoh bridge is incredible, really smooth and responsive and it has a great fat tone and mixed with the Airzone, sustains for days. Its not quite as wankery prone as a Floyd, but mixed with the locking tuners its solid and holds tuning very well. It is a great sounding guitar.

The rest of the hardware is solid and I reckon it will last for a long time to come, considering I don't tend to experience any sort of honeymoon periods with my gear ( it doesn't hang around long enough! ) I am very happy with this guitar, considering I have been looking for a modern guitar with vintage style touches, I think I have filled that gap quite happily and look forward to actually being able to use this guitar!

Any questions please ask!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I've gotta admit I really like that guitar. It looks really awesome.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
You already bought it tom?
That's a nice guitar though. Interesting specs. I like the vintage trem on that. Floyds are so overrated, huge sustain suckers, and a general pain in the ass.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
You already bought it tom?
That's a nice guitar though. Interesting specs. I like the vintage trem on that. Floyds are so overrated, huge sustain suckers, and a general pain in the ass.

Indeed.

NOS for £450 and got a free padded case too from my local store.

Review will be posted in the post above

Quote by Tom 1.0

Well hot damn,

I set out this morning expecting to be buying an LTD FM418 ( 8 string guitar ) and I left instead with the above guitar.

Neck-Thru-Body
25.5” Scale
Alder Body
Maple Neck
Ebony Fretboard
42mm Standard Nut
Thin U Neck Contour
24 XJ Frets
Black Nickel Hardware
ESP Locking Tuners
Wilkinson VS-100 Vibrato
Dimarzio Air Zone (B) /
Fast Track I (N) p.u.
Finish: “Brushed Aluminum

It is seriously cool looking guitar and its visually very well balanced, with the old school Cockstock and script logo, I think its one of the prettiest guitars made by LTD. Sadly this one is now discontinued.

I played this guitar a few months back and hated it. The neck felt off and the trem was awkward. A few months and a setup and new strings this felt like my dream guitar.

After my injury the slightly thicker/narrow neck feels alot more comfortable than my old Ibanez necks

The way this guitar plays is like most super strats, its very smooth and comfortable, the ebony board without inlays is a very very nice touch and looks great. Considering that most top end LTDs have too much bling and inlays, I really like this bare bones look. the neck thru, proper neck thru at that! Makes it easy to get the the top frets and gives it a nice punchy responsive feel through the amps I have but it through.

The fact this has a vintage style trem is awesome, the Wilkinson/Gotoh bridge is incredible, really smooth and responsive and it has a great fat tone and mixed with the Airzone, sustains for days. Its not quite as wankery prone as a Floyd, but mixed with the locking tuners its solid and holds tuning very well. It is a great sounding guitar.

The rest of the hardware is solid and I reckon it will last for a long time to come, considering I don't tend to experience any sort of honeymoon periods with my gear ( it doesn't hang around long enough! ) I am very happy with this guitar, considering I have been looking for a modern guitar with vintage style touches, I think I have filled that gap quite happily and look forward to actually being able to use this guitar!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Indeed.

NOS for £450 and got a free padded case too from my local store.

Review will be posted in the post above

Jesus, nice find tom! HNGD!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Tom 1.0
Challenge Accepted.

Well hot damn,

Welcome to the thin U contour club - there is no going back after you meet it.

Also - I can't believe the bridge on that thing! I want one!!!!!

Is it hard to balance, like a Floyd at all or more like a strat style where its just string and go?
Last edited by OceansBetweenUs at Apr 21, 2011,
I have had a few Thin Us in my time, but aye, they are very nice

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Wow, Tom, the finish on that is stunning. It looks like soft denim. I love it!

Page Hamilton is a genius so I should have expected his guitar to be of similar ilk. I hope it serves you well.
Thanks guys

EDIT:

Quote by OceansBetweenUs
Welcome to the thin U contour club - there is no going back after you meet it.

Also - I can't believe the bridge on that thing! I want one!!!!!

Is it hard to balance, like a Floyd at all or more like a strat style where its just string and go?

Its great, rock solid and surprisingly responsive and has a crazy range of up and down.

Regards to tuning, its piss easy, put it through and then lock string in the machine head. I have it setup in E at the moment but as far as getting it level, same as any floating trem, just adjust the screws on the cavity and a truss tweak. Its a brilliant design, but then again thats what you expect from a £130 Wilkinson/Gotoh trem

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I love ebony fretboards...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Beautiful guitar Tom. I always envy every single one of your guitars and this one is no exception. You keep buying guitars I would love to own... for this... I hate you hahaha but no I kid, I kid. Beautiful guitar man. The trem and finish is sick.
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
That thing is SEXAY! HNGD man!

Also, welcome to the cockstock club. I didn't know there was a Thin U club as well, guess so.

Though I just can't see you staying away from Ibanez forever. It would just be weird
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Sadly I think I will be unless I can get hold of a fireman or another J Custom with the Ultra neck....

The Thin U works much better than Wizards with my wrist these days

But this guitar is sort of my perfect compromise between Ibby, LTD and PRS so its all good for now.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Very nice PRS right there.

Great price as well.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.

Shut up Greg....

Hurry up and tell me when your is on sale!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
wow very nice

Lovin' the spec on that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Is it sold yet?
Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 21, 2011,
Sick! That finish is subtly awesome. But the headstock looks like an old man with ED...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Up yours

The new rig...

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
HNGD!

Non-locking trems FTW. The trem in my JP7 feels and sounds a lot better than the trems in my Ibanez.

Although that Air Zone should be in the neck position

Really though, its an amazing neck pickup.

I approve of this guitar.
I think i saw pictures of it like just the plain manufacturers website style and didnt think much of it but basically seeing it in the flesh with these pictures i actually really like it looks much better up close.
The specs are too.
Quote by Tom 1.0
Sadly I think I will be unless I can get hold of a fireman or another J Custom with the Ultra neck....

But this guitar is sort of my perfect compromise between Ibby, LTD and PRS so its all good for now.

Thin U's have always worked better for me than the thin flat ibby necks. That's why i have 3 ESP's and 0 J-Customs. Dont like the neck....
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
The Thin U's are somethin else, I was lucky enough to play my friends brothers ESP MII deluxe from the early 90's, Probably the nicest playing machine ever, didnt necessarily have the best cleans cause of the pickup choice in it
- Cody

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
What a faggot, do a few lines of cocaine and have a shot of whiskey or 5 if you want to study right
Shucks thanks guys

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Nice one man. Gonna keep the DiMarzios in for a long time then?
ok tom i'm not gonna lie.

i'm more than generally not a fan of LTD guitars.

but.

that isn't like any LTD i've ever seen or played. it looks amazing and the specs are great. neck through? boner.

the one thing i really like is the HS set up and the pups it has currently. the one thing i don't like is the lack of fretboard markers, but i'm sure i'd get used to it over a little time.

that is a very nice guitar, congrats on a great find.
Tom you gotta post a mini review on that HD500. I'm super curious how that sounds from someone who isn't a total moron. What do you run it through?
Wow; that's one good looking guitar

Quote by Tom 1.0

By the way, you are aware the Fireman has what is probably the thickest neck Ibanez has ever put on a production guitar, right?
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Page 1 of 3