So my flatmate and I are looking to build a ball pit in our room (we have a corner, maybe 5.5-6 m^2) and I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to go about this.

-Would building a small, wooden divider be best? Or stapling/setting up a net/screen thing?
-Do you guys have suggestions on where to buy bulk ball pit balls for really low prices?
-How many will we need (I'm thinking maybe 1.5-2 feet deep or so)?
-Any other ideas what we might use the corner for?

Thanks for all the help
A wooden frame would work best, and then use some type of netting inside to keep the balls in.

http://www.hayneedle.com/outdoor/play-equipment/bounce-houses_ballpitballs1.cfm?ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=ENO002-1&source=channel_intelligence_gbase&afsrc=1

I thought ball pit balls would be cheaper, too, cause they're only plastic, but what do I know?
Last edited by emerald876 at Apr 21, 2011,
Go to a childrens play area and steal 1 ball every day for the next ten years. Thats 3653 Balls.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Beside my first reaction ('He's gonna do WHAT?!'), this sounds like an awesome idea.
Wish I had the room for a ball pit
The ultimate pickup line:
"Hey, do you wan't to go back to my place and try out my ball pit?"
Alright people, Move along - there is nothing to see.
"Or so you think..."
a net for adults? you'd probably tear it down by accident. I say go with wood and some sort of padding on the interior. 24m^3 in volume, if the average ball has a diameter of 10 cm, you'd need 700-800 balls.
Quote by MakinLattes
a net for adults? you'd probably tear it down by accident. I say go with wood and some sort of padding on the interior. 24m^3 in volume, if the average ball has a diameter of 10 cm, you'd need 700-800 balls.

You need spaces between the balls and you'll need a gap between the ball line and the top of the enclosure.
Quote by captaincrunk
You need spaces between the balls and you'll need a gap between the ball line and the top of the enclosure.

most balls are 5 cm to 8 cm, so it's an underestimate.
Quote by MakinLattes
most balls are 5 cm to 8 cm, so it's an underestimate.

But those can be quite expensive which is why I recommended the foam dodgeballs which are closer to ten cm (won't be a problem, that's to scale anyway).

Bazinga!
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Quote by captaincrunk
But those can be quite expensive which is why I recommended the foam dodgeballs which are closer to ten cm (won't be a problem, that's to scale anyway).

more like 500-600 in that case. they can just fill up what they need and keep a bag of extras.
http://www.playpenballs.com/

500 balls per case, two cases, 214 bucks. Not even that expensive, tbh.

EDIT: They cost even less.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Last edited by Hebriqui at Apr 21, 2011,
The better question is: why do you even want a ball pit?
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
It seems sheer awesome to me, to be honest.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Quote by Woffelz
The better question is: why do you even want a ball pit?

Why wouldn't you want a ball pit?
Quote by The_Casinator

Bazinga!

*twitch*

It's like nails on a chalkboard.

Anyway, I wish I had a ball pit. I tried making a tube maze once, but all my friends would come over, drink, get lost, and piss in the tunnels. It ended up being more of a liability.