guys im starting to buy pedals for my pedalboard a now im not sure if im making the right choice all i want is a nice lead tone/sound(joe sat tone) so whenever i go to an audition and use a different amp i will still have the sound i want so far i have a boss super chorus and boss overdrive/distortion. Im planning to buy a vox satchurator,ibanez ts9,boss cs3,boss ns2,line 6 dl4 and a wah pedal but i still dont know what brand to get anyways what do u think of what im gonna buy is it good or should i change some of them pls suggest thanks in advance rock on people!
metalmanica\m/
What guitar and amp you using ATM??

Your ideas for pedals seem pretty solid, as for the wah, I love my Morley tremonti, seeing as your a watch fan, look at the big bad wah, I hear good things
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
It's all opinion, but I reckon you won't need the TS9, the compressor or the noise gate. As for the wah, you can't go wrong with a Vox, but I'd reccomend the Budda BudWah or a Teese wah. Happy Shopping.
I'll sell you a Teese wah, they're seriously some of the best around.

I'd wait on the NS-2, see if you really need it. Also, a compressor isn't something you want to go cheap on, I'm not the most knowledgeable on the subject, but everyone I talk to says the cheap ones aren't even worth your time. Barber Tone Press is generally well regarded as the best low-mid range comp.

Hope that helps.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by MickAlmighty
What guitar and amp you using ATM??

Your ideas for pedals seem pretty solid, as for the wah, I love my Morley tremonti, seeing as your a watch fan, look at the big bad wah, I hear good things

well i use an ibanez rg3550mz and a vox vt30 its just a practice amp but m point is plugging into a different amp
metalmanica\m/
guys can u also please help me with the arrangement of my peals i mean im a newbie pls help and i kinda dont get it like for example a pedal has an input and an output the input on the right and output on the left so... lets say ill plug my cable from the amp(input) in to the output of my wah pedal wont that look akward coz my cable will somehow not be straight if u know what i mean)
metalmanica\m/
buy a few cheap ones, realize you don't really need more than a tuner and maybe a noisegate get over pedal fetish
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
buy a few cheap ones, realize you don't really need more than a tuner and maybe a noisegate get over pedal fetish

Are you serious? That's some of the worst advice I've seen in a while.

Quote by bogg808

is this a good arrangement of pedals so here from the amp>wah pedal>boss cs3,boss os2,vox satchurator,ibanez ts9,>boss ns2>boss super chorus,line 6dl4>guitar so what do you think of the set up? or should i remove any of the pedals? or rearrange it?
metalmanica\m/
I wanted to know what are the essential pedal to buy? I use a gibson les paul traditional and a Hugghes&Kettener statesman as amp...The only pedal that I have is a dunlop crybaby
I think that's right, you can look up the general idea on order on google, but I feel like there's no need for 3 cheap overdrives. Maybe that's just me.

The only "essential" pedals are the ones YOU need to get YOUR sound. I'm sick of this "mandatory pedals" bullshit. Does your sound feel lacking? Buy something to fill it out. If not don't fix what ain't broke.

/rant.

Quote by bogg808

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Apr 21, 2011,
Pedals are super overrated. Not very over-rated I don't think. I'm much more a of a line to amp kinda guy - delay is nice to have on hand but no pedal is a necesity.
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
Pedals are super overrated. Not very over-rated I don't think. I'm much more a of a line to amp kinda guy - delay is nice to have on hand but no pedal is a necesity.

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean you should suggest someone buy a bunch of shit pedals, and when he realizes those suck never use pedals again, as you suggested previously.

Quote by bogg808

wah and overdrive in front of the amp. time based fx in the fx loop. since no one has mentioned it i will. your idea is sound but don't think for a minute that you can just plug into any amp with your pedal board and get the same sound every time. not all amps will react the same to your set up. if nothing else you will have to read just your settings on some pedals to suite the amp and the room you are playing in. your best bet is to always (unless impossible) use your own amp.

one more piece of advice is to use as few pedals as possible until you become familiar with how each functions. you'll often find that less works better. also bear in mind that someone like satriani has a pro setup and not just a few pedals on the floor.
Quote by OceansBetweenUs

brought to you from a guy with 3 pedals in his sig oh and an amp loaded with fx

sorry ocean i usually at least kinda agree with what you say but this time seemed a bit silly. sure the OP probably can get away with less that what he has listed but still.
Last edited by monwobobbo at Apr 21, 2011,
well I was partially kidding. And you think I even still use that Spider? haha sold it last weekend actually.

Notice 2 of those pedals are the kind I listed also. Sure pedals all have their uses - but just trying to mock the fact that hes running out and buying 10 pedals or whatever at once - and doing so poorly and without expressing myself clearly enough (at work, boss sitting right behind my desk today).

Makes more sense to add them as you think you need them rather than just buying a one chorus/delay/compressor/distortion/OD/etc because you think you need it for a pedalboard. It's like collecting purses !

EDIT: I guess my point is get pedals as you need them, if you go out and buy them all at once your just gonna have a buncha shit you don't really know how to use.
Last edited by OceansBetweenUs at Apr 21, 2011,
I can support that. But seriously TS, if you want a top end wah, PM me.

Quote by bogg808