Surely this has happened to at least one of you UG goons!

The reason I ask you all this is because I am currently having a debate with myself whether or not my parents my parents suggested painting the whole main room in my house sometime within the next week and a half, or I just dreamt it.

Another funny case of this happening, is when my father dreamt that my sisters grade one teacher (this was over a decade ago now), was actually leaving the school, and when mum confronted her and saying that she'd be missed or whatever mothers say to teachers leaving, the teacher was awkwarded out.

Dad was in trouble.

So examples?
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
*Something totem related.*

I'm going to talk more about how much I loved the movie Inception!
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Damn I just had the best sex of my life... wait a minute, I was asleep just now...

forever alone
The corners of your mouth feel dry and rather itchy, don't they?

(oh god, I just noticed this one) Your penis is never quite comfortable in its current position.

oh btw:
manual blinking activated
Quote by Phalen123
i do this too,

but mostly i came to say, your avatar will give nightmares lol

Haha thank you

(google Images the Crypt Keeper if you want more nightmares hahah)
Quote by slash_GNR666

Quote by coco-loco
whether or not my parents my parents suggested painting

Your parents are within your parents in the dream within the dream.
I dreamt my ex text me saying she loved me when I was shit faced. She might have text me and I deleted it? I dunno!
Wow, your avatar is creepy. Why don't you just ask them? Are you afraid they will laugh?
Anyway, I don't dream much when I'm sleeping. So I don't have many stories.
And when I do dream, I always wake up before the good parts. It sucks
Quote by Oyface
Wow, your avatar is creepy. Why don't you just ask them? Are you afraid they will laugh?

Quote by Oyface

I was about to answer that exact question! Everyone is asleep. I'm the only one awake, and I just remembered it then. I wonder if they are dreaming that I'm doing this...?
Quote by slash_GNR666

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Your parents are within your parents in the dream within the dream.

They're just another aspect of reality and you have to accept them for what they are.
You woudn't question whether night was day, would you?
Quote by Oyface

Oh ****.

That's embarrassing. I was wondering why everyone found it amusing.

It's actually quite clever in a basic kind of way. I love subliminal messages haha.
Quote by slash_GNR666

I had a dream that I woke up, went to school, had a terrible day, came home and had a nap. When I woke up at 6:30 I thought, "That was a great nap, I feel much better now that this day is over," then saw it said AM... I pretty much cried.
Quote by Lion_Slicer
I had a dream that I woke up, went to school, had a terrible day, came home and had a nap. When I woke up at 6:30 I thought, "That was a great nap, I feel much better now that this day is over," then saw it said AM... I pretty much cried.

I've done similar things, but never quite as elaborate.

I often wake up to think it's the weekend or the last day of the week, but in reality, it's the first day of the week, or mid-week
Quote by slash_GNR666

Groundhog Day
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Quote by coco-loco
Surely this has happened to at least one of you UG goons!

The reason I ask you all this is because I am currently having a debate with myself whether or not my parents my parents suggested painting the whole main room in my house sometime within the next week and a half, or I just dreamt it.

Another funny case of this happening, is when my father dreamt that my sisters grade one teacher (this was over a decade ago now), was actually leaving the school, and when mum confronted her and saying that she'd be missed or whatever mothers say to teachers leaving, the teacher was awkwarded out.

Dad was in trouble.

So examples?

You did that just to mind**** us didn't ya?

OT: In the past month, I've been doing nothing but losing my memory and confusing dreams with reality. It really sucks because I wake up thinking I might still be dreaming and then I forget events that happened, or when they happened...
My dreams are starting to become much more vivid and reality is becoming much more unclear.
But it isn't like this 24/7, I mean right now I'm pretty sure this is reality...

...I think
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
You did that just to mind**** us didn't ya?

OT: In the past month, I've been doing nothing but losing my memory and confusing dreams with reality. It really sucks because I wake up thinking I might still be dreaming and then I forget events that happened, or when they happened...
My dreams are starting to become much more vivid and reality is becoming much more unclear.
But it isn't like this 24/7, I mean right now I'm pretty sure this is reality...

...I think

that's trippy...if you're aren't kidding that is....
Quote by slash_GNR666

Seriously though, you're not sleeping. If you were, we wouldn't be talking to you. Do I need to elaborate? Because I don't want to. I'm just glad I'm not as confused as you when I wake up.
We need more stories please.
We need to go deeper.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by coco-loco
that's trippy...if you're aren't kidding that is....

Sad thing is, I'm really not.

I think it's because I barely leave the house anymore
It's basically like, I feel like time passes really slowly (out of boredom probably), but after a few days I wonder how time passed so quickly (sometimes during the day). Also the fact that my dreams aren't beyond reality (nothing out of the ordinary), it's just me working, playing guitar, talking to some friends etc.

It's not really trippy, as it is confusing as ****...

Quote by Oyface
Seriously though, you're not sleeping. If you were, we wouldn't be talking to you. Do I need to elaborate? Because I don't want to. I'm just glad I'm not as confused as you when I wake up.
We need more stories please.

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Sad thing is, I'm really not.

I think it's because I barely leave the house anymore
It's basically like, I feel like time passes really slowly (out of boredom probably), but after a few days I wonder how time passed so quickly (sometimes during the day). Also the fact that my dreams aren't beyond reality (nothing out of the ordinary), it's just me working, playing guitar, talking to some friends etc.

It's not really trippy, as it is confusing as ****...

Wow.

That's spooky. Your point is fair-that if they were ridiculous things life going skydiving or cherrypicking, you'd remember, but they are just things you normally do, so that's why it's so confusing. Strange...
Quote by slash_GNR666

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
Does anyone else go to the Pit in their dreams? I may have a problem...

Like I said before, I don't know

Ok THAT was a joke

AEDIT:
Quote by coco-loco
Wow.

That's spooky. Your point is fair-that if they were ridiculous things life going skydiving or cherrypicking, you'd remember, but they are just things you normally do, so that's why it's so confusing. Strange...

Sometimes I think my subconscious is messing with me, because I get pretty good ideas for songs (not entire riffs, but just like a 'what should I take on next' kind of thing).

Can you get sued for ripping off your dreams?
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Apr 21, 2011,
When I was young I was tried to do a Kamehameha Wave and was able to get some blue power channeled in my hands, thing is I dont remember it being a dream
I know what your talking about OP, it's happened to me several times. I just have to go and ask someone whether it really happened or if it was a dream.

Actually one night last month I dreamed I won an Ipad, and I woke up, and went straight to the outlet I thought it would be charging at, and it wasn't there, and I started freaking out. My parents had to convince me that I never got an Ipad. It was kind of funny...

Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
this is the internet, it's not like someone can track me down and tell my mother that I have a sexual attraction torwards her.

e-married to Andrea55
e-brother of dhruvrajvanshi
For the last few weeks I've been having really trippy dreams/nightmares that are creeping me the **** out. I get home from work at 3AM because I work nightshift, no-one else in the house is awake. I'll lie on my bed and start watching some tv on my laptop, Bones for example. Then at around 5 I'll go to bed. HOWEVER!!! I start dreaming that I am still watching Bones and Booth solve murders on my laptop, as if I had never gone to sleep at all. Then a pretty little blonde cheerleader who's a murder suspect (and is supposed to STAY INSIDE MY LAPTOP SCREEN) looks right at me and reaches out through the screen and tries to pull me inside. Needless to say, I wake up and pretty much shit my pants, because I can't actually remember closing my laptop and going to sleep, and am convinced that it all actually happened.
My rig: ESP Eclipse II --> bulk amount of pedals --> Orange Rockerverb 50w
Last edited by theFACEdude at Apr 21, 2011,
My family and friends know me for having long, weird, complex, and vivid dreams--most recently I was a psychic demon hunter on a cruise ship and I used a river of lava made of all the gold in Egypt to kill the red stone dragon god and his claws turned into strawberries and I ate them. With all the Inception references, this dream story may be relevant, and if it's not I'd like to share it anyway because to this day it creeps me the hell out (this happened long before I saw Inception or tried psychedelics):

I was in a flying car with raccoons and spaghetti or something, the usual dream stuff, you know. But I went to sleep (in the dream) and then had a dream. But in this next dream I wasn't me, I was like Pyramidhead from Silent Hill or something. And I would go around to sleeping people and use my giant knife to carve open their skulls and scoop their brains out. It was very visceral, I had to push down and almost saw through the bone; I split their heads into quarters before scraping every last bit of gray matter out. There was intense emotion involved in the dream too: every time I killed like this I could feel the perverse ecstasy of demon-me, seriously I was so happy and that's the freakiest part. Except this... after doing this a couple times I come across a new sleeping victim: real me from the original dream. So I start cutting. Real-me's eyes shoot open, and from this point I feel the emotions of both real-me and demon-me. I could feel the blood dripping into my eyes and absolute can't-even-scream terror from real-me, and the disgusting crunch of bone and almost orgasmic bliss from demon-me. It's the fact that I was experiencing BOTH simultaneously that made this really one of the worst moments of my existence.

Needless to say I was shaking for a good hour when I woke up and couldn't sleep or even be in the dark alone for another two days. Since I don't have PTSD or any other severe mental illnesses I am aware of, I have no clue why my subconscious mind subjected me to that crap.
I remember a dream I had once when I was a little kid that I didn't think was a dream, but when I grew older I started to see that it didn't quite make sense. I was walking down the street with my mom and I was dragging my coat along with me. Mom told me many times to stop dragging the coat in the ground, because the police would come and put me in jail. I kept dragging the coat, and then the police came and ran after me, and then put me in prison.

I just recently figured out that this must have been a dream

I also sometimes fall asleep while in bed waiting to fall asleep, and dream that I'm awake, in bed, trying to fall asleep. I just lie in bed and then the alarm clock wakes me up, and suddenly it's morning. I feel like shit the whole day, as if I didn't sleep, even though I must have.

I never remember my dreams, though. Maybe 5 times a year. I wish I did, though.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I once nearly blacked-out on my front lawn at 6 am while I was walking to the bus stop because, for a moment, I was suddenly unsure of whether I was conscious or not. I just remember everything getting warble-y and hazy for a minute, then coming back into focus.
Wow this is all so very trippy.

Turns out what my parents said was half true...we are painting a room in the house, but not this weekend and not the room I was thinking of. So maybe I dreamt that we were going to paint the main room, or I just misheard my mum?

After reading Burgery's post, it reminded me-I used to think that mum let me drive around the car park of the local supermarket, and I, also, asked a few years ago if it were true or not, because I found it rather weird, and it turned out not to be be true. Darn.
Quote by slash_GNR666

Last night i had a dream that i was at a table in a derelict hotel with hunter s thompson and an unknown guy and was drinking ether watching a strange thing on tv about the rolling stones.

I woke up and for ages believed this had happened till reality set in >_>
That's weird. I love how dreams ares o strange and surreal. However, I hat that feeling, where you don't know whether your dream really was a ream, or it was actually reality. Strange stuff...
Quote by slash_GNR666