Poll: Should he be able to donate his organs?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should he be able to donate his organs?
Yes
237 94%
No
11 4%
I dunno
4 2%
Voters: 252.
Page 1 of 3
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42667886/ns/health-health_care/?GT1=43001

Thoughts? I'm not looking for a debate on the death penalty. Just wondered what you thought of him being denied the ability to donate.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
This is retarded.

That's all I can say.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
This is stupid. If he wants to donate his organs, he should be allowed to.

“It’s impossible to be sure that a person who is behind bars is making a decision they would make while walking down the street,” says Jeffrey Orlowski, executive director of the Association of Organ Procurement Organizations, the non-profit group that represents the nation’s 58 regional groups.

No shit his decision's based on the fact he's in prison. Why not give him some sort of peace of mind before he dies? Every argument against it that article brought up is bogus.
Quote by maidenrulz19
When playing any pokemon game and encountering a fisherman with 5 or 6 FUCKING MAGIKARP!!!!!!! I mean the thing is useless and it only gives like 7 exp points each. Yeah eventually that guy can have an army of gyarados but still.
I don't see why he shouldn't be allowed to donate his organs.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Oh no, his kidneys are infected with evil!
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
There's a shortage of organ donors isn't there? Aren't there always commercials about it and stuff? So when someone steps up, why tell them no if he's going to die anyway? I doubt the guy with kidney failure is going to say "No! I can't have that kidney, it came from a convict!"
Seems like a decision based off stupid principles, rather than based off logic.
Quote by shreder666
Exactly what I though. xD

Just realised you got in there before me

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by Dr. Paul R. Helft, director of the Charles Warren Fairbanks Center for Medical Ethics and Indiana University
“I don’t think we want to be the kind of society that takes organs from prisoners. To do so would be to use unfree prisoners as a means to an end."

He also makes a good point, though. Prisons shouldn't become organ farms.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr

Forcing them to take it would be, allowing them to donate if they want is different.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by rgrockr

As long as such a thing isn't being forced against prisoners, and those who don't want to donate don't get farmed [and shit in place to make sure], there can't be anything wrong.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by rgrockr

But the prisoner wants his organs to be taken, it's not as if they're picking up anyone's organs.

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
Surely if someone has been sentenced with the death penalty and not given the decision of what happens to their organs it should be the other way round? As in, they should be forced to donate organs?
I don't understand this at all.
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Quote by mullet1337
Surely if someone has been sentenced with the death penalty and not given the decision of what happens to their organs it should be the other way round? As in, they should be forced to donate organs?
I don't understand this at all.

I imagine that's probably a human rights violation of some sort.
Quote by maidenrulz19
When playing any pokemon game and encountering a fisherman with 5 or 6 FUCKING MAGIKARP!!!!!!! I mean the thing is useless and it only gives like 7 exp points each. Yeah eventually that guy can have an army of gyarados but still.
He absolutely should be able to. He took life, let him give life.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Kinda reminds me of that Simpson episode where Homer gets Snake´s hair and tries to kill Bart.

Guitars:
- Gibson SG Standard
- Lag Roxane 500
- Eastwood Hi-Flyer
- Takamine EG523

Amplifiers:
- Jet City JCA50H
- George Dennis 60Watt The Blue Combo
- Marshall SuperBass 100Watt
Quote by Tim the Rocker
Kinda reminds me of that Simpson episode where Homer gets Snake´s hair and tries to kill Bart.

This must be the reason they won't let him.
Quote by maidenrulz19
Isn't it obvious that criminals have inferior organs? Come on guys.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Forcing them to take it would be, allowing them to donate if they want is different.

Sure. But you can see how the idea of getting organs from people essentially forced into cages might make some people uncomfortable.
Guys, I think you're missing the point. I saw this episode of the Amanda Show, and this guy got a baboon heart and started turning into a baboon. Do you want that to happen with a dangerous convict? It's clear he's just trying to possess whatever poor sap he's donating to.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I would say let him do it. Yes, he needs to die for what he did, but if his conscience got to him like he said it did in the article, then it at least shows that he wants to make up for what he did in some way. I know people that can benefit from his organ donation. All I ask is that they you put a bullet in his head rather than pump him full of shit to kill. I'm not sure how good the organs would be after getting injected.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by rgrockr
Sure. But you can see how the idea of getting organs from people essentially forced into cages might make some people uncomfortable.

And if this becomes a common thing, it would make it difficult for people against capital punishment.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by tayroar
Guys, I think you're missing the point. I saw this episode of the Amanda Show, and this guy got a baboon heart and started turning into a baboon. Do you want that to happen with a dangerous convict? It's clear he's just trying to possess whatever poor sap he's donating to.

The Amanda show always knows best.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Sizzleby
I imagine that's probably a human rights violation of some sort.

I'm not implying they should do this and that would be wrong, I'm just saying that with it being the other way round it seems backwards. Punishing someone by not giving them the freedom to do something good is counter-productive. I wasn't saying prisoners should be forced to donate, but if the prisons had control over their organs then being forced to donate them would seem the more beneficial option (but still wrong).

EDIT: Also I think the death penality itself is a bit more of a violation of human rights. But we won't get into that
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Last edited by mullet1337 at Apr 21, 2011,
Quote by Gibson06

And I feel like there's definitely been a Twilight Zone episode on this topic. We'd be fools to let someone keep this guy's organs. I can already see the man walking out of the hospital after getting his kidney replaced, and you zoom in past the scar, and on the kidney's the killer's eyes open up, and it says "end?"
It would hurt people who needed organs if he didn't, so I say absolutely. But making it a precedent would be strange, although if we're already going to kill prisoners, why not allow people to be helped in the process? The argument against it in the article seems pretty weak
I wonder if maybe it has something to do with the lethal injection? I think it's noble of him to want to donate his organs to try and make up for his crime, but I'm thinking that maybe the chemicals in the injection would damage them and make them unsafe to use.
Quote by Gibson06

Send in the dancing lobsters!

Quote by FlyingPirahna
I wonder if maybe it has something to do with the lethal injection? I think it's noble of him to want to donate his organs to try and make up for his crime, but I'm thinking that maybe the chemicals in the injection would damage them and make them unsafe to use.

Death by disembowlment then

THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
The argument that "we shouldn't let murderers feel like heroes" is such BS. Someone dying because they couldn't find a donor isn't going to be thinking "oh well, there goes my life, but at least some criminals still feel bad." This is a very weird case of "good" morality costing lives. No it won't be many lives, as only a few dozen executions are performed a year, but every life counts. All the opponents are ignoring the big picture.
Quote by FlyingPirahna

I doubt it. It would've been mentioned in the article because that's the only legit reason I can think of for not letting him donate.
Quote by maidenrulz19
Quote by Sizzleby
I doubt it. It would've been mentioned in the article because that's the only legit reason I can think of for not letting him donate.

That'd be the only one I could think of too
I think he should be able to, but I can also see how this may set a bad precedent.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by FlyingPirahna

There's more than one way to kill a man.
Last edited by tayroar at Apr 21, 2011,
Quote by Sizzleby

What about the argument that letting death row inmates donate their organs might encourage use of the death penalty? Surely we'd want to give judges and juries as little reason as possible to sentence someone to death.
Last edited by rgrockr at Apr 21, 2011,
I would be cautious about getting organs from someone who was killed by lethal injection. Who knows the effects of those chemicals on the body. Then again I'm no doctor.
Fight the war, fuck the norm
Now I got no patience
So sick of complacence
With the D the E the F the I the A the N the C the E
Mind of a revolutionary
So clear the lane
...Whoever told you that is your enemy?
Page 1 of 3