Will an RG's 24 fret AANJ neck fit on an S body designed for 22 frets with an AANJ neck joint? I figure it won't but if that's the case, where are the problems?
i think the heel might be different. but im pretty sure the fret difference at that certain scale will throw off the intonation quite a bit
AANJ - No.
Square heel RG neck in a S that had a 22 fret neck - yes.

The heel on the AANJ necks isn't compatible with the S body, but the older square heel necks will fit on 22 fret S bodies. If you want 24 frets though, the fretboard overhang will cover almost all of the neck pickup route, so you can't really have a neck pickup if you do that.
Quote by littlephil
AANJ - No.
Square heel RG neck in a S that had a 22 fret neck - yes.

The heel on the AANJ necks isn't compatible with the S body, but the older square heel necks will fit on 22 fret S bodies. If you want 24 frets though, the fretboard overhang will cover almost all of the neck pickup route, so you can't really have a neck pickup if you do that.

Well they're both AANJ shape so I'm guessing you're saying the size of the heels are different? I know there are some new S models that have 24 frets, did they just scale down the fretboard to do that or what?
The heels are in a different position.
I'm not sure about the new 24 fret S's, but they'd probably be interchangeable with RG necks, but 22 fret S bodies aren't compatible with AANJ RG necks, only the square heel RG necks.
An AANJ RG neck on a 22 fret S body would move the whole neck about 1/2 - 1" out from the body, which will mess up the scale as the 12th fret would no longer be halfway between the nut and bridge.