Hey
So I love fenders, and I have been looking through their webpage for a bit. I know my next guitar will be a tele. After that I want a jaguar. Problem, I am left handed, and I have come to the conclusion they dont make them lefty. What would I need to do to get it left handed, and how much would it cost?

Just curious.

Inb4 should have learned right handed, I tried, I hated it and I was extremely unmotivated until I accepted being a lefty and that my guitar choices would be limited.
Quote by Moose_Guitarist
Hey
So I love fenders, and I have been looking through their webpage for a bit. I know my next guitar will be a tele. After that I want a jaguar. Problem, I am left handed, and I have come to the conclusion they dont make them lefty. What would I need to do to get it left handed, and how much would it cost?

Just curious.

Inb4 should have learned right handed, I tried, I hated it and I was extremely unmotivated until I accepted being a lefty and that my guitar choices would be limited.

I am a lefty myself. I'm pretty sure Fender has left-handed Tele guitars. As I've seen both American Teles and American Starts in my local shop that were lefty. Your choice to color may be a little bit more limited but it shouldn't have much effect on your decision.

After checking google I noticed jaguar guitars there are quite many results on it in google searches. Now, if so happens that you cannot get one factory made I'm guessing your only choice is to go to a luthier. Depending on the luthier one, custom guitar can go from 1,800USD to 10,000 USD and higher. So do the best you can on looking around for a factory made as best you can. Although going to a qualified luthier or custom shop will get you a great instrument but it may be cheaper to look for factory made guitar.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
Ebay is your best bet for a Jaguar (although they are expensive), but Guitar Center will do if you want something more common like a Strat or Tele.
Ya, they def make tele's left handed, sorry post was confusing, so yes I know I can get a tele lefty, just not a jag
Buy right handed guitar
Move the strings so you can play it as a lefty.

Be awesome.
As always, theres warmoth to consider. They will get you a left handed jaguar sent to you in parts, high quality from what I hear but its not really cheap.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
The choice is not big, but anyhow, you need only a couple of nice guitars in the end.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
I'm in the same boat as you, man, I'd kill, and I mean KILL, for a Gibson V or Explorer, or a Jackson Kelly, or a Kramer, or...SOMETHING that screams 80s metal yet sounds and feels good to me(I don't like small necks) in leftyI eventually settled on a Schecter Damien Elite FR, which suits my needs pretty good(not too apt on EMGs but they're not horrid, I suppose, and it's the feel that counts). Aaaanyways, like Snapple said Warmoth is your best bet for a Jaguar, but it'd probably cost you about $800-1200 for the body and neck alone, and then you've gotta get the hardware and stuff which'd put you up another couple hundred dollars. However, they'll make your body and neck EXACTLY how you want it. Want a HSH mahogany Jag with a quilt maple top, a Floyd Rose and 24 scalloped frets? I would assume you don't since that's not exactly what a Jag's about, but you can get that there. XD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Oyface
Buy right handed guitar
Move the strings so you can play it as a lefty.

Be awesome.

That is super gimmicky. I wish I could help, but I am a lefty who plays right handed guitars and feels natural.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

There was a lefty Agile at the pawn shop a couple weeks ago, and it was strung for right handed, but the idiot didnt even change the nut. Black superstrat HSS with triangle inlays on the fretboard. It looked nice enough and was reasonably priced at $80. I dont play left, would it be dumb for a right handed player to buy a left handed guitar?
Oops, it wasn't an Agile. After seeing it I came home to google it, but couldn't remember the brand, just something about A, and I stumbled over an Agile thread and that got stuck in my head. Excuses (Defn: the thin skin of a reason, stuffed full of lies) (but the above is true).

So I went back there today, and it was still there. It's called a Series A. Also, the store had a sign "Boss is gone. 20-40% off everything." Long story short (oh, too late for that) I bought it for 65, and another little amp for 35. (can always use another amp, right?) So far, I only suck two or three times as much playing left as when I started playing right so long ago. It's fun to remember those days when it was such a struggle to make one finger go here and the other one over there.
Last edited by RebuildIt at Apr 22, 2011,