ok the main reason i am making this is because i would like to save money. as a high school student with no job its difficult to save money whatsoever.

continuing on...

What are the main tools that i HAVE to have to fret/build a neck? like no way i could do it without them.

also what are some alternatives to the overpriced stewmac tools?

any tips from gb&c's fine home luthiers on neck building?
Router, drill press, rasp, metal file, template bit for router. thats what i use to make mine.

Also if your wanting to build the fretboard from scratch as well you will need a thickness sander and a fret saw or a table saw and jig.
Well, it's kind of subjective...

I use a router to get the taper right. Then I use a spoke shave to shape the neck. Files to get the neck finished.

As for fretting, I use a small hobby saw that was 10 bucks, and it works great. I can't remember where I found it online, it was a hobby website though. Then I just use a block of wood and a small hammer to set the frets. You'll need a good set of files for fretwork.
Router because of the tr slot. Can't get away from that unless you chisel it. You could get away with a hand drill instead of a press. Then a rasp and sand paper for the wood, a whetstone, cutting pliers and a file would give you a complete neck and a pretty good fret job. I also use a hobby store type saw for fret slots if you do not get a preslotted board. Which for $5 is worth it imo.
I cut the taper with a router and template, shaped the neck with rasps and sandpaper. I don't have a thickness sander, so I used a router jig to flatten the blanks.
I used a hobby saw to cut fret slots, and hammered them in using a nylon-tipped hammer. I tried using a regular hammer, but it left dents in the frets. Hammering through a piece of wood was too bouncy. A nylon-tipped hammer was just right. I found it at my local hardware store. Then, I filed down the sides of the frets with a large file with the handle removed. I levelled and polished the frets using a whetstone, some very fine sandpaper glued to a straight edge, and steel wool.