I added a new thick string (0.66) for my 7th string... which was needed really badly.
I noticed today though that the bridge is a bit wanky. Maybe I pulled on the whammy bar a bit hard or something... I don't know, but it looks like this now:

This side sticking up This side sinking in
* Note, you're looking it from the 'butt' end of the guitar, as in the strings would seem like dots to you as they're running the same direction as your eyeballs are seeing. Those crappy drawn circles are the string lock screws. I suck at art.

So it seems like it's become unbalanced, where the BEA... string side has actually risen somehow and the ...DBE side has sunken a bit. The FR itself is actually not at a flat level with the guitar either but that I'll be fixing myself.

I've never run into this before, how do you fix something like this?

I'm not the biggest expert with FR's, and not having a job I don't have the money to pay for someone to repair it until I get a new job-- so I'll be doing it myself instead of digging deeper into my bank account.

EDIT: It's small enough of a raise to only set off my tuning by 1/4 of a step flat, but it screws up the action.
: )
Last edited by Cjk10000 at Apr 21, 2011,
No. You're screwed. Now, you have to buy a new guitar.

And obviously, you didn't read the VERY FIRST THREAD IN THIS FORUM.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
No. You're screwed. Now, you have to buy a new guitar.

And obviously, you didn't read the VERY FIRST THREAD IN THIS FORUM.

Can you please quote me the part in the very first sticky that answers my question please then, Mr.KnowItAll? The part that tells me how to fix it?

Prove to me that my reading comprehension of that thread is fail, because I can't find it in there. Then guess what? I can eat my words.
Last edited by Cjk10000 at Apr 21, 2011,
Quote by Cjk10000
Can you please quote me the part in the very first sticky that answers my question please then, Mr.KnowItAll? The part that tells me how to fix it?

Prove to me that my reading comprehension of that thread is fail, because I can't find it in there. Then guess what? I can eat my words.

If the floating bridge comes out, loosen the tunings and then tighten the springs in the tremolo cavity at the back, if the bridge sinks, then vice-versa, until the bridge is parallel to the body.

Number 4 under tuning. It's there. If one sides higher, adjust the screw on that side more.

The other guy was being a bit of a jerk, but you didn't have to be one to him.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Number 4 under tuning. It's there. If one sides higher, adjust the screw on that side more.

The other guy was being a bit of a jerk, but you didn't have to be one to him.

Still my question hasn't been answered though.

Everyone is talking about the Y-axis, which I know how to fix.

I'm talking about the X-axis. When I mess with the springs I only affect the Y/Z axis, but it doesn't seem to be affecting the X/Z axis which is my problem.

Also, he's an asshole and didn't read my thread fully. If someone goes around being a bully beating people up, is the victim returning the favor make the victim a bully? I digress: different topic, different issue

Is this a pivot screw issue?