I'm looking to buy a new distortion pedal, with a price range of around $200. I'd use this one for a more modern metal sound, and have been looking at the MXR Fullbore Metal and Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff. I've also heard a few bad things about them, so I'm open for suggestions. BTW, if you want to tell me to buy a new amp, give me $400 and I'll pick up a 6505
"One day I'm just gonna get of the bus and run in the woods and never come back, and when I come back, I'm gonna be the Knife Master.'"
- The Rev

"It's not how you pick your nose, it's where you put that booger that counts."
-Tre Cool
I use a boss ML-2 Metal Core and a Boss OS-2 overdrive/distortion and it sounds pretty damn good
GG&A is the right place to post this, actually. I wouldn't suggest a new amp before knowing what you have though, what are you currently playing through?
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Generally, I have found that a lot of the pedals with "metal" in the name kind of suck. Personally I would suggest a visual sound jekyll and hyde pedal. It is distortion and overdrive in one and it sounds great!
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
The fullbore metal is a great pedal. Most of the people who give it negative reviews just don't know how to dial it in. I have it, and it's perfect for a modern metal sound. It gives a very heavy tone, lots of chug and bite. The Metal Muff is a good pedal too, it's gain isn't as hot as the MXR, though. The MXR can do Metallica songs with it's gain knob on 1.

And if anyone recommends the boss metal zone, don't get it. It's a fizzy digital sounding mess.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by ThrashMetal014

And if anyone recommends the boss metal zone, don't get it. It's a fizzy digital sounding mess.

You just dont know how to dial it in.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by Garci
GG&A is the right place to post this, actually. I wouldn't suggest a new amp before knowing what you have though, what are you currently playing through?

this.