so yeah.... my amp has teh aids I guess. I plugged my bass into it and turned it on and no sound came out. I turned it off and used the same cable and same bass into another amp and it worked fine.

I tried both active and passive inputs, I tried both speaker outs between the head and cab, I tried both cab inputs. its an acoustic b200h into a b410. anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?
no sir away a papaya war is on
Walruses use their iconic long tusks for a variety of reasons, each of which makes their lives in the Arctic a bit easier. They use them to haul their enormous bodies out of frigid waters, thus their "tooth-walking" label, and to break breathing holes into ice from below. Their tusks, which are found on both males and females, can extend to about three feet (one meter), and are, in fact, large canine teeth, which grow throughout their lives. Male walruses, or bulls, also employ their tusks aggressively to maintain territory and, during mating season, to protect their harems of females, or cows.
Quote by Fairieswearsock
Walruses use their iconic long tusks for a variety of reasons, each of which makes their lives in the Arctic a bit easier. They use them to haul their enormous bodies out of frigid waters, thus their "tooth-walking" label, and to break breathing holes into ice from below. Their tusks, which are found on both males and females, can extend to about three feet (one meter), and are, in fact, large canine teeth, which grow throughout their lives. Male walruses, or bulls, also employ their tusks aggressively to maintain territory and, during mating season, to protect their harems of females, or cows.

This man speaks wisely.

Also, have you tried using a different bass into it? I'm not particularly well-versed on amp mess-ups, but trying every available option is the best thing to do to isolate the issue.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
okay well I can't say the walrus guy was helpful but he sure made my day better.

i have not tried a different bass but i have tried the same bass through a different amp so it isn't the bass.

yes the amp is plugged in.
Cab fuse?
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
Quote by the_perdestrian
okay well I can't say the walrus guy was helpful but he sure made my day better.

OT:

Is there a heatphone out?

I'm assuming it turns on normally and everything works (except the no sound part)

Do you have access to another cab (even a guitar cab, just to test it)?

See if you can make sure it's not the cable connecting your amp to the cab.

I'll edit this if I think of anything else.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90

OT:

Is there a heatphone out?

I'm assuming it turns on normally and everything works (except the no sound part)

Do you have access to another cab (even a guitar cab, just to test it)?

See if you can make sure it's not the cable connecting your amp to the cab.

I'll edit this if I think of anything else.

i don't have another cab but I have another head I could use now that you mention it. (this is a small guitar combo thats been modded into a head.

oh and i could totally put my loop staton in the effects loop and see if it records anything!

will repost in a few minutes with results
okay. so I put my shitty little guitar head into my cab and ran my guitar through it and it worked. then I plugged my bass head back into it and it worked. sooooo

it works!!

I have no idea what changed, I guess something is just loose i dunno.
cable wasn't in properly at the back?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
no it was, I had unpluged and replugged it in like 3 times while checking various in/out puts. i tihnk there is a loose solder point some where in my head that I wiggled back into place when I tilted my head forward to see the back panel.