I'd like the Pit's opinions on a viable "social issue" that has enough beef to it that a 35-40 page research paper can be written on the problem and solution.

My current consideration is music and it's effect on social change. But I'm not sure if that's beefy enough.

Anyway, any contributions would help, I'm hitting a brick wall for concepts.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
WOMEN

Seriously, if you can't crank out 40 pages on the historical role of women in society, you should crawl into a hole and cry.
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Criminal justice is my favorite.

Problem: Our punishments are so vindictive and permanent that once you go to jail you're basically condemned to a life of crime.
Solution: Ways to clear criminal records, other ways to remove the social stigma of being a convict.

This should help get the ball rolling.

Just don't do anything music-related, you need to broaden your horizons.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Apr 21, 2011,
bro if you cant write 90 pages on movie's affects on society then you have bad writing skills
just copy paste the "should heroin be legal" thread, depending on how terrible you want the paper to be
Quote by rgrockr

Just don't do anything music-related, you need to broaden your horizons.

That's a little harsh. Do you know how little time I have for anything music-related in college?

Anyway. I like the women idea, there's a lot of material there. The problem I have with that is it's been beaten down into the ground many times over.

Criminal justice is good as well.
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
That's a little harsh. Do you know how little time I have for anything music-related in college?

Anyway. I like the women idea, there's a lot of material there. The problem I have with that is it's been beaten down into the ground many times over.

Criminal justice is good as well.

Pick a certain facet of "the women idea"; for instance, the role of women in the workplace, or expectations of women within the family unit.
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
rights for robots/artificial intelligence.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
rights for robots/artificial intelligence.

Winner.
-Jim Morrison
The cult of "good" and "evil" in 21 Jump Street.

Quote by slashermaster
bro if you cant write 90 pages on movie's affects on society then you have bad writing skills

This.
just do one about the development of the black man's rights, you can write LOADS on that topic (and it's fascinating)
Such typical responses.

Examples of what other people are doing;

Causes and remedies of suicide among college students
The empowerment of language among a minority group
What it means to be part of "white" culture
-Jim Morrison
The role of the US's strict drug prohibition laws and lax gun control laws in fueling cartel violence in Mexico.
Quote by blackflag49
The role of the US's strict drug prohibition laws and lax gun control laws in fueling cartel violence in Mexico.

Beef! Good stuff
-Jim Morrison
Quote by blackflag49

very nice one indeed, made me think of Bowling for Columbine.

kay, so you don't want any cheesy subjects...
secondhand smoking (as in, would you stop being with friends if they smoke in your presence or whatevs),
religion under the youth (I once saw this thing where a girl said she was atheist and averyone at the table freaked out so I guess it's still an issue in America)

sorry, I'm kinda tired
Look up social theories. there's the conflict perspective, the feminist perspective, ummmmmm functionalist and interactionist?

put some of that and you'll probably show you've done some research