I've had this thing forever, but haven't used it in a long time due to it sounding like crap on my solid-state amps. But I recently bought a 6505+ and tried the Crybaby through the effects loop and was amazed at how smooth and clear it sounds!

But my problem is, when I sweep it to the treble position, it is so high in treble I just can't stand it. I can't afford to replace the windows in my house, either. Is there any way to limit the sweep so it doesn't go to its full-treble capabilities - other than putting something under the pedal to literally block it?

The model # is GCB-95, and it says "Original Crybaby." I don't know how old it is, it looked old when I bought it 13 years ago. But I think it's just the basic, original style wha.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
run it through the front of the amp (guitar->pedal->amp) and lets see how that goes
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
^ wahs always sound better before any effects/signal distortion imo

i always have mine right after the guitar
Quote by rickyj

debatable. i always have preferred to put my wah right after my distortion pedal, which i guess is actually more just a boost
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
You can adjust the sweep by pulling the bottom plate off, you will see the pot with the toothed bar pressed against it. Now with the pedal closed (toe down) loosen the bracket that pushes against the bar and move it off the pot. Roll the pot till it stops then back it off a couple of teeth on the bar and it should drop some treble off. Experiment with the sound you prefer.
Quote by Nuffy
You can adjust the sweep by pulling the bottom plate off, you will see the pot with the toothed bar pressed against it. Now with the pedal closed (toe down) loosen the bracket that pushes against the bar and move it off the pot. Roll the pot till it stops then back it off a couple of teeth on the bar and it should drop some treble off. Experiment with the sound you prefer.

Cool, I will try that. I had actually looked in there and it didn't look like there was a way to adjust it - but your method makes perfect sense! Thanks!
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by rickyj

I have tried this, and it did calm the harshness of the treble down some, but didn't sound quite as "organic" or smooth as it does in the effects loop, especially with overdrive.

I'm not running any distortion or overdrive pedals, if that makes any difference. My amp OWNS any dist. or od pedal.
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood