creed shirt. maestro "gibson" les paul.

im sorry for you.

now onto the playing

good job thus far, this is probably exactly how i sounded at 2 years(coincidentally i also had a maestro lp, trust me when i say you need to upgrade soon).

work on your bends(most were out of tune) and vibrato

quit trying to play so damn fast and just focus on playing well

also when you record yourself playing, play for yourself not the camera. by that i mean dont try to play completely legato(look it up if you dont know) so you can flash the sacred devil horns \m/. i would rather see someone play well than see someone play badly with 1 hand.

keep practicing, your only going to get better if you keep putting time into it.
Dude turn you amp up some I don't want to hear your picking.
And the throwing up the horns? Really
It was not brutal enough for that
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Apr 21, 2011,
Quote by TheGuitarMark
I've been playing guitar for 2 years self tought and i'd like to know what people would have to say about this. I don't know theory but i really like to learn and train my ear. Please tell me what you think? It's alittle cheezy but this is my very first video. (Im 16 years old) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2JQdO2XZbs&feature=channel_video_title

Your legato was nowhere near good enough to go it one handed at all, improve your playing as a whole before you try that again.

You need to improve your synchonisation, fretting hand as a whole and your bending and vibrato.

Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y
Not half bad for the time. I've been playing 3 years self taught. This is me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxRMY4lXGMY

Also, I'm a drummer

Cut the delay, can't hear a damn thing you're playing.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Apr 21, 2011,
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

Cut the delay, can't hear a damn thing you're playing.

Not exactly my rig...was using someone's line 6 (spider III), not so great...

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Hey dude your thumb looks to be in a very akward position it won't help you play blues/rock neither more technichal styles. Maybe you should look to correct it...

Seems like your learning guitar more to show off and not so much for musical ideas(not judging, it's just the idea i got)

So maybe try focusing a little on the art/feeling aspect of it to develop the lacking areas of your playing: vibrato, bending, groove, dynamics... that kind of stuff
Last edited by Guitarra_acores at Apr 21, 2011,
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y
Not exactly my rig...was using someone's line 6 (spider III), not so great...

What I said still stands. Spiders aren't exactly complicated amps anyway...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
From watching that video, I got the impression you play to impress/play fast.

I would really work on left hand technique and slowing down by heaps for a while, your left hand is way too tense, your thumb position is awfully inefficient, your pinky curls up when you're not using it, your hand goes into all sorts of interesting shapes when you start to play fast and you're playing with the pads of your fingers instead of the tips.

Your right hand looks fine for now though, which is good, perhaps a little tense though.

Millions of people can play fast and there's always someone faster than you. Not many people can play with a good sound and bring out the music.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
What I said still stands. Spiders aren't exactly complicated amps anyway...

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. That is not my place, nor is that my amp. I had 5 mins to set up a demonstration. I took out my guitar. I played.

Since you've seen it, care to comment on the actual playing? It's really not as inaudible as your hyperbolic remark may have suggested...

P.S. Saw your profile. Decent playing. Esp. the lessons

EDIT: It's 2:30 AM, I'm going to bed.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Last edited by s-o-u-l-f-l-y at Apr 21, 2011,
You're technique wasn't bad, but try and tap into the realm of melody and playing in different keys solidly. You'll find a lot more soul in the realm of melody rather than just playing random notes really fast.
Keep on the playing man, for only 2 years of playing, you're leading up to some strong technique.
Thanks for the comments guys, I really appreciate it! I really appreciate the constructive criticism. This will motivate me to get better, cleaner, and to learn music theory and ear training, and all sorts of things.
Quote by XianXiuHong
From watching that video, I got the impression you play to impress/play fast.

I would really work on left hand technique and slowing down by heaps for a while, your left hand is way too tense, your thumb position is awfully inefficient, your pinky curls up when you're not using it, your hand goes into all sorts of interesting shapes when you start to play fast and you're playing with the pads of your fingers instead of the tips.

Your right hand looks fine for now though, which is good, perhaps a little tense though.

Millions of people can play fast and there's always someone faster than you. Not many people can play with a good sound and bring out the music.

WOW! You really pointed out some key things that i didn't realize were ineffective. I have a hitchhikers thumb (If you don't know what that is, look it up), i don't know why my pinkey curls when im not using it, and i play with the pads of my fingers. I really feel i have now alot of motivation to perfect my playing and make it cleaner, start learning theory, train my ear, and all sorts of stuff. I feel bad that i have these negative comments but im glad they are presented in a constructive way and i really will work much harder to get better.
Quote by TheGuitarMark
WOW! You really pointed out some key things that i didn't realize were ineffective. I have a hitchhikers thumb (If you don't know what that is, look it up), i don't know why my pinkey curls when im not using it, and i play with the pads of my fingers. I really feel i have now alot of motivation to perfect my playing and make it cleaner, start learning theory, train my ear, and all sorts of stuff. I feel bad that i have these negative comments but im glad they are presented in a constructive way and i really will work much harder to get better.

There's always going to be certain comments that completely shoot you down on the internet, don't sweat it. Just keep playing and having fun. No idea if you're in a band or not, but jamming with friends can really improve synchronization to a time signature, and opens up doors of creativity.

I couldn't play that fast when I played for 2 years, and I still don't play that fast now.

Hope this helps
Quote by realbebop
There's always going to be certain comments that completely shoot you down on the internet, don't sweat it. Just keep playing and having fun. No idea if you're in a band or not, but jamming with friends can really improve synchronization to a time signature, and opens up doors of creativity.

I couldn't play that fast when I played for 2 years, and I still don't play that fast now.

Hope this helps

Im not in a band, im just a bedroom guitarist who wants to start a band whenever i feel like im ready. (which will be a while). Also, i don't have anybody to play the guitar with thats better than me. non of my friends play guitar and im known as the crazy rocker dude amongst my friends. And im not really the most popular kid around so yeah, finding someone to play guitar with plus having overprotective parents = nobody to jam with
Yeah, that's not really a "sick" guitar solo, arguably it's not even a solo at all. You're right hand is nice and loose, your picking is pretty accurate and you're not too bad at playing in sync although it needs more work. Your bending and vibrato are pretty ropey though. However, what you were playing was little more than random crap, it certainly wasn't what you'd call music.

Technically you're doing okay, but you're lack of theory coupled with your focussing on showing off more than anything else is a recipe for...well, not much really. Concentrate on the basics and ditch the show off attitude, you can only pull that off if you have the chops to back it up. Also learn some theory so you start to understand the fretboard and have an idea of how sounds work together so you can actually create something musical.

There's potential there, but at the moment your doing little more than spinning your wheels in the mud, you need to work on a lot of things if you actually want to go anywhere.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
im going to be honest with you. i can see from that video you think your the greatest thing since sliced bread or vagina. but you in fact are wrong. im not trying to tear you down but when u threw up those horns i rolled my eyes in disbelief. that should not be classified as a solo. it was random notes being played fast. 1. tune your guitar to e standard, not drop a tuning cause it makes you sound br00tal (in your mind) 2. learn some theory. 3. be a little more humble. from what i saw you thought you were hot shit. and to be honest. there is a sea of guitar players out there. and right now you are just like all the rest. so please, dont throw up the horns thinking your a badass untill a little while down the road
TBH that sounded very bad musically, half the time it sounded like you were just playing random notes from w/e scale you googled and found the fingerings for. Your playing though, is pretty decent technique wise, you right hand looks pretty good, it doesn't look like you are spazing your arm (even though it sounds like it). Good job. You thumb on your left hand looks a bit awkward at some parts too, and your bends were out of tune, and your vibrato wasn't that good., though/
Quote by TheGuitarMark

I've got hitch-hiker's thumb too, quite extreme aswell but I've managed to work around it by getting rid of unnecessary tension in my left hand.

Your thumb is allowed to move across the width of the neck but it should not really ever be that low (there are specialoccasions but I have never run into such an occasion on the electric).

Your pinky curls when you're not using it because you have lots of tension in your left hand and your wrist is tilted in such a way that the ring finger/pinky is too far from the fretboard to be totally efficient while playing. When you're playing on the lower strings, it's ok for your hand to touch the bottom of the neck it helps you play on your fingertips a bit more and your fingers will be closer to the fretboard too!

Glad I could be of help and glad that you're more motivated now
This video tells me you like to shred and that's about it. I'd be interested to see you play anything that isn't shredding.
I agree with everyone else that you should stop trying be so awesome and work on actually playing well.
I also don't approve of the bad haircut and creed shirt.
I cant really comment much cos im not a pro, but like the others said there is no musical content to it.
Id rather watch/listen to a nice melodic riff at 50bpm than all that jargon you just played at a fast speed.

Its not impressive at all, just meaningless and pointless unless your using it towards musical context Imo.