Mistitled; not a contest/VS thread. Looking at the two and wondering what differences there are between them and which I might like better. Not really looking at others; have a Crybaby Hendrix and it's just alright.

ModTone Vintage Wah
Vox V847A

Using Strat, PRS SE Singlecut, and SG Standard into an AC30. Not much else besides a Keeley-modded TS808.
"I have terrible hearing trouble. I have unwittingly helped to invent and refine a type of music that makes its principal proponents deaf." - Pete Townshend
Last edited by pinballwizard96 at Apr 22, 2011,
if ur gonna get a wah i'd really suggest you dont be a cheap ass with them... personally im a huge fan of the crybabies. i had a 535q for a while and it was great. the 535q is extremely versatile and can get just about any sound your looking for. it even comes with settings of guys like hendrix and satriani... etc. if your planning on using alot of gain with it, i have heard the kirk hammet wah is very good for that, however i havent had a chance to play it. the only other wah i've been suggested is the weeping demon by ibanez but i also havent had the chance to play that.

and also, neat tip i picked up from a friend, wahs can be great for soloing and used as a treble boost for solos. just engage it and put the toe all the way forward and just leave it like that. really helps to cut through the mix
Unless you plan to mod it or are getting the rack unit, don't get a Dunlop. Any Dunlop.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
@andrerist: I think one of these two will suit my needs best. I looked at other pedals, including the 535Q. As far as sound, I should be able to find something I like regardless of the wah's features. For example, various artists (Hendrix, Clapton, SRV, and others) were/are able to get a unique sound with the original Vox V847.

@bubb_tubbs: As I said, I have a Dunlop Hendrix Wah (and a Hendrix Fuzz-Wah) and am looking for something else. To me, the Crybaby pedals shift the wah tone too quickly and are a bit limited in range (may be a result of the Hendrix design).

I'm really just hoping for info on the two pedals in the title...
"I have terrible hearing trouble. I have unwittingly helped to invent and refine a type of music that makes its principal proponents deaf." - Pete Townshend
if you want to save the money and not get a rack, i think the 535q will allow you the most versatility. i've never really used any of the vox wah's so im not gonna say anything about them in ignorance. if you want something that will set you apart from all else and allow you to make noises you never thought possible, check this thing out.
http://www.zvex.com/wahprobe.html