I was wondering how the pit learn and memorize songs

Do you start with the lyrics? I kinda start with that then go find out the scale for the song

then I try with difficulty to recognize the chords. It kinda takes me a long time because I'm

a noob but at least when I get it down I remember it for a long time.
Quote by genghisgandhi
I can recite all the lyrics to Beck's album Mellow Gold. So I'm a champ at memorizing lyrics. And it doesn't hurt that I think it's the best album ever.

I like you

*edit OT I suck at memorizing lyrics..music I can deal with but I always have to have cheat sheets for lyrics while performing
Quote by Wikipedia.org
These nouns are often used with a form of "to be" rather than "to have," e.g., "he is pwnage" rather than "he has pwnage". Either is a more emphatic way of expressing the simpler "he pwns,"
Last edited by Wylde_Guitarist at Apr 21, 2011,
Quote by Wylde_Guitarist
I like you

*edit OT I suck at memorizing lyrics..music I can deal with but I always have to have cheat sheets for lyrics while performing

Were quite the opposite. I really have a hard time memorizing the music. Is it just really drilling a part to your head until you can play it in your sleep or something.

or maybe I'm just lazy
I try to find some sort of pattern like oh wow it looks like a llama so i'll just play it!
Hi, you're better than me. Have a nice day!
I learn the chord progressions and the general gist of the accompanying leads if any and improvise where necessary. Lyrics I rarely memorize because they're not important to me.
Lyrics come with time I think, sometimes you don't even realize that you've memorized the whole songs lyrics, but you have.

As far as the music part goes, I usually only learn songs that I know, rarely will I learn a random song I've never heard of, so I think knowing the song helps with memorizing it because you're used to it, the way it sounds and stuff.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
I can't memorize lyrics for shit. I can recognize them, but I can rarely recall them. That's probably because I listen to music in the background, so I'm more apt to learn the way the song sounds musically than lyrically. It's easier to memorize guitar parts for some reason.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Apr 21, 2011,
I play guitar, bass, and drums. The easiest way for me to memorize songs is for me to learn the song on all instruments, or at least guitar and drums. For lyrics, I just look up the lyrics or w/e and try to sing them to myself w/o music.
I'm great at lyrics, which is wonderful, seeing how I'm a vocalist. Getting progressions down isn't usually a problem either, although some of them cause a bit more trouble than others.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.