I've been considering buying the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR for some time now. I just wanted to see what anyone else could recommend for a grand before I go for it. Has to be available in left handed. Mainly going to be a soloing guitar for all types of music.

Thanks.
A grands quite a big budget you probably could do better then a hellraiser for a floyd rose guitar but being a lefty obviously narrows it down a bit. You can pick up rg1570 lefty for that new if ibanez is your thing. The build will probably be better but i'd say a pickup upgrade would be required.. Probably more versatile then a hellraiser depending on what you go for pickup wise..
Go used with the Hellraiser. I sold mine in mint condition for $500 with a hard case, and I've seen them for less on my local craigslist.

Personally though, I'd be looking for an Ibanez Prestige either used or factory second with a LoPro trem, and just do a pickup swap later if it needs it. Many people will also vouch for the Korean Ibanez S series, but I have limited experience with those.

Edit: Didn't see the lefty thing, but my recommendation may still stand, not sure.
Last edited by W4RP1G at Apr 22, 2011,
ESP LTD MH-1000FR or Ibanez RG920QMZ pro

both are solid, but rather different instruments. I personally like the LTD (the neck fits my hand beautifully and I like the FR-1000 trem), but the Ibanez is brilliant too. also, charvels are pretty sweet and close to your price point

ultimately, there are lots of good choices out there for a grand. the schecter, though a decent guitar in its own right, is, quite frankly, outclassed by many instruments
THANKS EVERYONE. I"ll be taking a look. I wish every site I posted on got this many replies right away.
Quote by Seanthesheep
PRS SE Torero

+1

I'm not too fond of FRs, but the feel, look, and sound of the Torero are incredible.
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
Charvel So-Cal. Hands down the best playing guitar under $1000 you can get in my opinion. Classic shape, killer DiMarzio pickups, black hardware, pickguard, and best of all, the most comfortable neck you can put on a guitar.
Quote by TeleYankee
Charvel So-Cal. Hands down the best playing guitar under $1000 you can get in my opinion. Classic shape, killer DiMarzio pickups, black hardware, pickguard, and best of all, the most comfortable neck you can put on a guitar.

this. i mean definitly charvel but personally i'd go for san dimas.