for all the deathcore and deathmetal fans out there...and writers
i don't know what to play, im bored of all the crap i play. i need something new!
i don't think this belongs in the music thread because we're not really talking about any band in particular and i don't think giving someone an idea on something to write counts.
Quote by stefanomire
for all the deathcore and deathmetal fans out there...and writers
i don't know what to play, im bored of all the crap i play. i need something new!
i don't think this belongs in the music thread because we're not really talking about any band in particular and i don't think giving someone an idea on something to write counts.

What? You want inspiration?

Go fall in love and then break up.

Oh nevermind, this is deathcore... idk, write a song about how taco bell ran out of pepsi so you had to get sprite or something.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue

Oh nevermind, this is deathcore... idk, write a song about how taco bell ran out of pepsi so you had to get sprite or something.

thats suicidal tendencies dude lol
i think they were considered goth and surfer music and one point
Everything in this thread is WIN
But seriously it's just a phase. You get over it eventually, just don't force guitar writing.
Quote by sexybacon
Everything in this thread is WIN
But seriously it's just a phase. You get over it eventually, just don't force guitar writing.

i know, but im just bored. i need something fast and i only know two bands like that: suicide silence and the crimson armada. i can't do much about suicide silence because i have a 6string and they have 7strings. the crimson armada...im trying
plus they're writing has meaning. suicide silence about morals and philosophy and the crimson armada about religion..not to inspiring
Last edited by stefanomire at Apr 22, 2011,
check out atheist, technical deathmetal with jazz influences, pretty interesting stuff, and for something fast you should check out here comes the kraken
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
Quote by andras67
check out atheist, technical deathmetal with jazz influences, pretty interesting stuff, and for something fast you should check out here comes the kraken

i'll check that out. that is a badass band name. im bored of the constipated bee sound, so the jazz influence should be just fine for me
Quote by dhruvrajvanshi
this for 8 days straight

whats so special about it? i never bothered to learn cords and scales, i feel that music comes from the heart and should be what you want to play
Quote by SlinkyBlue

Quote by stefanomire
whats so special about it? i never bothered to learn cords and scales, i feel that music comes from the heart and should be what you want to play

I...uh...

Sure, music comes from the heart, but that music involves chords and scales and shit.
Quote by andras67

this

I know Athiest personally and they are badass guys/band.

Learn Mother Man/...And the Psychic Saw/ and Live and Live Again.
Quote by Alex Vik
I...uh...

Sure, music comes from the heart, but that music involves chords and scales and shit.

well yeah, i know that. i just mean that i usually don't learn new ones. i know what's musical and whats not, but that's because of a pattern i noticed in every song i've played and follow that pattern. i don't think thats learning tho lol
In The Midst of Lions, Betraying the Martyrs

The only person I know who listens to Deathcore listens to Christian bands but I like those guys.

Play some Obscura.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Listen to The Chariot, so that you can laugh at Suicide Silence.

You don't need a reason to laugh at them.

pull the trggr bich ololo
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Play a 1 bpm tritone breakdown for three months straight. In all seriousness, stop listening to shit music.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Quote by stefanomire

playing scales(or any exercise for that matter) helps improving technique which means having more ways to express the music coming from the heart. Learning scales also saves you the hassle of finding out what sounds good and what doesn't. Sure they're not necessary and even if you learn them, you don't have to stick to them but it makes your life easier.
Quote by Ometh
Play a 1 bpm tritone breakdown for three months straight. In all seriousness, stop listening to shit music.

+5

go play master of puppets or something.
Quote by Ometh

You know he asked for regular Death Metal as well as Core?

Deathcore's great, btw
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Here, listen to some Medeia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNuXBgNPutY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_96gC-verMU

They write some good stuff and don't take themselves too seriously.
Heard of Heaven Shall Burn? Kind of melodic death metal but they have an interesting sound, not just your standard screamy band. Try listening to Combat or Endzeit by them and you'll see. Very intelligent lyrics as well.

Alternatively, try other genres. Although you may be metal minded, if you broaden your horizons you might surprise yourself and you'll have unlocked the door to a whole new musical horizon.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Ometh

aw shit its the taste police