New Vintage? Amp Day

What we are looking at here is a Marshall 1987 Jubilee 25/50 ; and she's finally mine. I had been looking at a bunch of different amps. 1974 JMP or a 80's JCM800 notably, but I had always wanted a Jubilee. There is a certain culture that surrounds it, I just thought I'd never find one. I found it in killer condition and at a great price. They grill on the back is kinda funky but that cant be fixed! If you don't know much about the Jubilee it was made on the 50th anniversary of Marshall. It has a Clean Channel / Rhythm and Lead. It is a glorified JCM800 2210 basically. Slash was/is the most famous user of the Jubilees and it still remains in his live rig, Marshall would go on to make a Slash Signature head modeled after the Jubilee. John Frusciante uses them for all his studio and live work. The Black Crowes first album used this amp pretty much exclusively and Joe Bonamassa says it's "the great Marshall Pre-Amp ever made". It's a top notch amp.

I haven't been able to really play with her just yet seeing as it's a 50w all tube Marshall head and it's 12 midnight. But tomorrow morning I'm gonna run some lengthy jam tests and get those tubes working. I should be shooting a killer video to go along with it as well!

I went from a Peavey Windsor to this which is a GIANT leap is quality. Not to mention I have wanted this amp more or less since I started playing guitar. It's a really big day for my gear acquisition.

Last edited by Nirvana_RATM2 at Apr 22, 2011,
I was just thinking about one of these earlier since I love Froosh's tone. Can we get some clips? Oh, and HNAD!

EDIT: Just re-read the OP, I hope your vid will be mic'd or something, dont let youtube's shitty quality ruin the tooooone
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Last edited by JAHellraiser at Apr 22, 2011,
Very nice!

Happy NAD!!

Pretty killer amp there.
My Kramer's:
79 DMZ6000G
83 Pacer Imp
83 Vanguard
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Baretta
85 Pacer Deluxe
85 Condor
86 Pacer Imperial
86 JK2000
86 JK6000
87 Focus Mutt
09 Gary Kramer Crusader
Use it as an alarm clock for your neighbor hood.

Happy new amp day.
Quote by JAHellraiser
I was just thinking about one of these earlier since I love Froosh's tone. Can we get some clips? Oh, and HNAD!

EDIT: Just re-read the OP, I hope your vid will be mic'd or something, dont let youtube's shitty quality ruin the tooooone

I'm gonna try to Mic it, but I don't have decent microphones. However it's gonna be shot on a kick as camera. I'm in the works of trying to get my friends sm57. I hate to sound so gear snob but it sucks because I'm still using the Windsor cab ( Jubilee wasn't cheap haha ). So I'm saving cash for a Marshall Cab THEN i'll be in tonal bliss x2!
ooooooohohoohoohoo
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I'm still really excited about seeing this video
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
A great amp, HNAD, shame to think in 10 years or so Marshall will probably label the MG's as their Vintage amps
#ENTITLED
WENGER OUT!!!

lastfm
Awesome. Heard nothing but good things about the Jubilees
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
does it get g00d slash tonez lol

but srsly, to me that is the holy grail of guitar amps. One day I'll save 2500 and buy one. that is one badass amp.

HNAD and gratz on that purchase man!
Last edited by pugachev at Apr 22, 2011,
HNAD! Damn thats sexy! Can we get more pics?? Also, the silver jubilee was for there 25th anniversary, not there 50th. There 50th is coming up in like, 250 days or something.
Quote by nickdohle
HNAD! Damn thats sexy! Can we get more pics?? Also, the silver jubilee was for there 25th anniversary, not there 50th. There 50th is coming up in like, 250 days or something.

While it is a celebration of 25 years of Marshall, It's also commemorating 50 years in music for Jim Marshall.

Anyway, HNAD! That is one great amp. Can't wait for the video!
Jealousy fills my body.
Amps:
Mesa Boogie Rect-O-Verb
Laney VC15
Cabs:
2x Blackheart 1x12
Guitar:
PRS SE Soapbar II
Pedalboard:
Line 6 M13, Zvex Fuzz Factory, Digitech Synth Wah, Boss SD-1, Biyang OD-8 (Tubescreamer Clone)
Band:
Fixtures <<Click Here