Ok this is probably a stupid question. Ive been playing guitar for almost 4 years now and I found that the easiest solos fr me to cover are Jimmy Page's guitar solos. Even when just improvising I play them well. In order for me to play anybody elses solos I have to learn it note for note or else I am not able to play it. I know scales and everything but even when im playing alone in my living room and im just soloing, it sounds like something Jimmy Page would play. Any answers why this could be? I dont see it as a bad thing. But when I wanna learn different styles of music it kinda gets in the way
When I buy my wife, at first she cook good, her vagine worked well, she strong on plow, but three years later when she was fifteen, she receive hair on her chest, her voice become deep, "BORAT, BORAT", and her vagine hang like sleeve of wizard
Well, a lot of his solos are based around pentatonic scales, and those are relatively easy to improvise on. He also does a lot of hammer ons and pull offs when he plays those scales which also makes things easier.

Just practice a different style. Pick more notes, do more sweeps, etc...
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Who?

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

thanks. ill have to work on sweeping. i never really taught myself how...ive never taken lessons in my life and i dont intend too either. he was a real influence on the style i play. i was thinking that had something to do with it. just watching his videos and stuff like that
When I buy my wife, at first she cook good, her vagine worked well, she strong on plow, but three years later when she was fifteen, she receive hair on her chest, her voice become deep, "BORAT, BORAT", and her vagine hang like sleeve of wizard
Quote by doompers7491
thanks. ill have to work on sweeping. i never really taught myself how...ive never taken lessons in my life and i dont intend too either. he was a real influence on the style i play. i was thinking that had something to do with it. just watching his videos and stuff like that

Different guitarists have different techniques. You are limiting yourself by studying one guitarist.
A callous exterior isn't an uncommon way of protecting ideals; it hides the idealists from the derision of fools and cowards. But it also immobilizes them, so that, in trying to preserve their ideals, they risk losing them.
Try the phyrgian scale. I guarantee it will not sound anything like Jimmy no matter what you do.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by Attenuare
Different guitarists have different techniques. You are limiting yourself by studying one guitarist.

Yes definitely. And at the same time, you need to focus on one artist/style/genre for a bit before moving on so that you can understand it deeper. The best guitarists do a FEW things very well. They're not jack of all trades.