Well, I experienced a difficult thing yesterday. I came home from a rather pleasant day at work, and one of my little ones tell me that the other did something bad. Normally, its just a tattle tale, and I shrug it off. This time he tells me our lil 3 year old girl was playing with my Fender Acoustic. Apparently, she had it in her little baby doll's carriage. She was pushing it around. My fiance tells me it fell and it was just a 'crack.' I walk up to the guitar and it is split from the back of the top of the neck. It almost split the head off!

Now, my first reaction was flip ape shit, but I remembered that it was ultimately my fault because I left the guitar out of the case. I normally do that because I have told the kids several times not to play with my guitars, and they normally listen.

I love my little ones, and I am very proud of myself for not flipping a switch. I understand that it was just a guitar, and she did not mean to break it. My father would have torn my hide because he was very into his personal things, but I don't want to scar her just because of a belonging. We had a nice talk about not playing with guitars, and she said she was sorry. There's nothing else I can do, but learn from my mistake.

Now, my question. Since the headstock is not split off, there is a gap seen since the string tension is pulling the headstock forward. Is this fixable, or do I have to learn from my mistakes? This was a very dear to me acoustic since it was my first guitar, and worth a good bit of money. I wont be able to add pictures until later tonight.

Moral of the Story: Please keep your guitars locked up!
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
You could take the strings off and use wood glue to seal it back together? I haven't ever had this problem or one like it but that seems logical. Sorry if I sound retarded or something lol
BOOM!!!

POP QUIZ!!!!

While Traveling at subsonic speeds during the last one hour of hypersleep, which vector of the Romulan Nebula will suffer the wrath of the impenetrable quickening?

RIP Dio, Dimebag, Randy, John Bonham, and Cliff!
Dang man that sucks. I'm worried my son will do something like this. In for pictures.. because I'm not sure I entirely understand the break.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
I was thinking that, but I didn't know if that would just makes things worse. I know this is an electric guitar forum, but I wanted you guys to know to keep your guitars away from the little ones!
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
Here's an edited picture that may or may not help...

Edit:
The white lines depict the split through the neck to the headstock. I wish I had a side view of a headstock to show the split through.

Edit:
I found another picture to illustrate what happened.
Attachments:
20U-10398_headstock-back.jpg
LD headstock side.jpg
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird
Last edited by randomhero65 at Apr 22, 2011,
Quote by randomhero65
Here's an edited picture that may or may not help...

Edit:
The white lines depict the split through the neck to the headstock. I wish I had a side view of a headstock to show the split through.

Edit:
I found another picture to illustrate what happened.

Yep. It's a pretty easy fix actually. You could try doing it yourself or take it to a shop. It's basically just glue, clamp, and let it sit for 24 hours, than sand it down til it's smooth.

You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Ouch

My kids aren't allowed in my music room for that exact reason. You're a good dad for keeping it together like that. I'm pretty sure I would've lost it.

But yeah, as said, that's fixable and you'll still be able to play it. Although unfortunately it won't be worth the "quite a bit of money" as it used to be.

Or, since Father's Day is coming up in a couple months, maybe the crack is "too big to fix" and the whole thing "has to be replaced"...
Current Gear:
2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard
'57 AVRI Fender Stratocaster
MIJ Fender Jaguar Special HH
Marshall JVM410
Vox AC15 C2
Quote by 57Goldtop
Ouch

Or, since Father's Day is coming up in a couple months, maybe the crack is "too big to fix" and the whole thing "has to be replaced"...

This made me laugh because I was thinking that earlier today!
Gear List

Gibson Les Paul Standard
ESP M-II
Jackson KingV
Oscar Schmitt OE30

Orange Rockerverb 50
Marshall Mode Four

Gas List
Gibson Firebird