So, basically, I have a nice acoustic guitar that means A LOT to me. But, I live in Africa and I now have these wood worms that are eating the inside of it. This means that there are a few holes from where they've been chewing and some dust from the wood in it. It's not terrible yet, but I'm so worried. I couldn't stand losing this guitar. Please, someone, does anyone have a clue what to do with this? Is there anything I can put inside the guitar that would kill them and not destroy the wood? I'm kind of desperate here... please help.
.....couldn't you just put it in the guitar case? if not use raid (if you have that in Africa, which part of it are you?)
Pretty sure you can buy woodworm treatments for wood..
It's not like you have much choice.

And put it in a case when you're not using it.
Quote by slashermaster
.....couldn't you just put it in the guitar case? if not use raid (if you have that in Africa, which part of it are you?)

I'll put it in the case, but that won't kill them. We do have raid, but would that mess up the finish? I'm in Uganda, btw. Thanks!
Ok, thanks. Any ideas about what kinds of treatments are available? Thank you!
Quote by Silent Murder
Ok, thanks. Any ideas about what kinds of treatments are available? Thank you!

one word, RAID
Quote by ugmzguitargirl
I'll put it in the case, but that won't kill them. We do have raid, but would that mess up the finish? I'm in Uganda, btw. Thanks!

it would not mess up the finish but I met a guy who's an awesome musician there (R. Eddie) and he runs an orphonage and im pretty sure I heard he used raid to kill termites in it
It's a Yamaha CPX500. I got it in Germany this summer, and have lugged it through 4 countries so far!!! Good to know about the guy who runs an orphanage... That's cool actually. glad to know i'm not the only one who's had this problem!
my acoustic is a washburn C40 amazing finish at that, my electrics are a washburn X10 and an Eleca DGT-1, my only bass is a sterling SB14
also could you add me I would add you but my computer wont let me see your profile for some reason
I know your pain, three years ago I went to The Gambia on a trip with a group from my university and we all bought handmade djembe drums. I got it home and opened up the soft case a few weeks later to find some bugs had come along for the ride and had eaten holes in the goat skin. Luckily it was around the edges and not on the top!

some regular pest spray took care of the problem for me.
Check out "thelastplaceyoulook" on YouTube, iTunes and [url="http://facebook.com/thelastplaceyoulook
"]Facebook
Quote by 1500 meanstreak
some regular pest spray took care of the problem for me.

Thanks! so... you agree that something like Raid won't mess up the guitar or anything? I'm just worried about the moisture... and I obsess about these things!!!
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it. Yeah, the joys of life in tropical countries