hi guys i tried to practice alt picking 3 notes per string using maternom ... i can't accente evry third note so i accent evry 6th note is that right ?
I'm inclined to agree - TS< can you..elaborate..on your question?

It doesn't really make a lot of sense as it stands.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Frank_Black
I think you need a new amp. Maybe a 6505?

Go back to the pit.

Quote by mado-elodie
hi guys i tried to practice alt picking 3 notes per string using maternom ... i can't accente evry third note so i accent evry 6th note is that right ?

No. If you can't do something then slow down and concentrate more until you can. If you can't do it slowly then there's something wrong with your technique.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I suspect he's trying to play triplets and having trouble with accenting the first note of each triplet because it falls on alternating strokes.

TS: It's okay to play the notes as six note groupings if that's the sound you're going for but you shouldn't be doing it because of difficulties accenting triplets. Slow down and work on getting the accent in there, that's the only way to do it.
Speed is a by-product of shut the fuck up.
Quote by mado-elodie

You can do that but you should be able to accent every third note aswell, if you're unable to accent any note on command, that's a technical limitation that may detract from the music in the future. Sometimes in playing, the music calls for the first note of each beat to be accented for a specific effect, whether it's to outline a chord or be a melody, if you're unable to do it as the music dictates, it's going to subtract from the overall sound because of a technical limitation.

Your limit should be your imagination, not your technique.
If I am reading this correctly, maybe this is the answer:

Hold the root note, the note you want to accentuate, just a millisecond longer then the others.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Quote by mystical_1
If I am reading this correctly, maybe this is the answer:

Hold the root note, the note you want to accentuate, just a millisecond longer then the others.

You shouldn't have to hold a note longer to accent it, you can but there are other ways to accent and constantly holding the first note of each triplet's going to send you way out of time very quickly.
Yeah, I agree, I'm'a grasping at straws on a vague question here.

Here's another blind guess: Start your triplet with an upstroke, then down, and go down to the next note down picking it.

Then go back up. Always start your triplet with upstroke when descending and downstroke while ascending.

It's like plotting a course in space with a compass... this question.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.