Good afternoon guys. It seems like a strange place to ask this kind of question, but since Google doesn't give me the answer i need - gotta start somewhere, right?

So I bought the copy of new Mortal Kombat for XBOX360. Great game, no questions. I took it to my brother's place to check it out and everything was working fine, we got couple of achievements, everybody was having good time.

Then, I got home and played it on my 360. To my surprise, the achievements didn't work at all on my kit. In fact, when i checked my profile, it didn't even register the fact that i've been playing Mortal Kombat.

Its not very big deal, as I dont really hunt for achievements, and all the content is there, but did anyone have the problem with achievements? Could it be the fact that i played same disk on 2 different 360s?

Thanks in advance!
If only there were some Thread for Gaming in the Pit...
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by supersac
were you signed into your profile at your brothers?

Nope, he was signed in with his account., and it worked for him...
Quote by SuperSlonik
Nope, he was signed in with his account., and it worked for him...

so your saying that at your brothers you were in his profile and got acheivements and then you went home signed into your profile and the acheivements were gone?
Quote by supersac
so your saying that at your brothers you were in his profile and got acheivements and then you went home signed into your profile and the acheivements were gone?

No, i'm saying that they were awarded for his profile, but when i signed in to my account and tried to perform same actions to get them, they were not awarded for my account
Quote by SuperSlonik
No, i'm saying that they were awarded for his profile, but when i signed in to my account and tried to perform same actions to get them, they were not awarded for my account

EDIT: I think you're doing something wrong. You can get achievements on two consoles, last I checked.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Last edited by SlinkyBlue at Apr 22, 2011,
Quote by SlinkyBlue
EDIT: I think you're doing something wrong. You can get achievements on two consoles, last I checked.

My point exactly... that's what I'm asking why this is happening. I suspect it could be due to this new feature a lot of companies do now, where you have to pay extra to access online content on different consoles (MK has an online pass included for one console - for second one you need to buy new one). But i was playing offline - and nothing...
Well i know if you play the copy 2nd hand you need to pay extra for DLC to access the online features, it could also block out achievments? If that's the case... Then that's the issue.

It's being detected as a 2nd hand copy because it was played on another system first.
Quote by SuperSlonik
My point exactly... that's what I'm asking why this is happening. I suspect it could be due to this new feature a lot of companies do now, where you have to pay extra to access online content on different consoles (MK has an online pass included for one console - for second one you need to buy new one). But i was playing offline - and nothing...

If it was on the same console, that might be the issue. I'm fairly sure you can't play to get achievements, sign out, sign in on another profile, and get the achievements again.

Also, if you are trying to do that, you're a gamerscore whore
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
If it was on the same console, that might be the issue. I'm fairly sure you can't play to get achievements, sign out, sign in on another profile, and get the achievements again.

Also, if you are trying to do that, you're a gamerscore whore

I don't do that, and again, its not very big deal, just wondering if that can happen with another game in the future... The fact that my profile doesn't even register the game (in the profile stats) is making me worry...
Ok, I'll try to create different profile to see if it works. If yes, than my original profile is corrupted, or something. If not, could be my kit, or the fact that MK decided to block achievements for using same disk on two or more consoles, which is not supposed to comply with Microsoft Certification requirements.
The ultimate achievement would be to turn off your XBox and go outside. True fatality.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
The ultimate achievement would be to turn off your XBox and go outside. True fatality.

You're right. It's definitely better than posting smart-ass comments that have nothing to do with original issue. Phuck it, i'm going outside!