I've got an 08 Jackson USA in immaculate condition. I had stainless steel frets installed on it, and still have a desire for Ibanez. I've decided I'll sell my Wr1 warrior SGL and buy an Ibanez prestige.

Problem I'm having, is getting around to selling it. I can't sell it on ebay, because of all the fee's and charges I'll deal with. I doubt I'd get good deals through craigslist.

I was considering keeping it and seeing the price in 20 years or so as it is one of a kind, but I don't think I can with the position I'm in.

Those who have sold reasonably pricey guitars (i.e $2,200), what way did you get it sold at the price you wanted it?

Much appreciated

Quote by Pac_man0123
Your sig says you like metalcore; your post is irrelevant.

Gear:
Ibanez rg370dx gp1
Jackson Wr1 SGL
Line 6 Duoverb
Hardwire TL-2 Metal disto

HELP!
that guitar looks so cool man, why do you want an Ibanez instead?
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by FallenByohazard
I've got an 08 Jackson USA in immaculate condition. I had stainless steel frets installed on it, and still have a desire for Ibanez. I've decided I'll sell my Wr1 warrior SGL and buy an Ibanez prestige.

Problem I'm having, is getting around to selling it. I can't sell it on ebay, because of all the fee's and charges I'll deal with. I doubt I'd get good deals through craigslist.

I was considering keeping it and seeing the price in 20 years or so as it is one of a kind, but I don't think I can with the position I'm in.

Those who have sold reasonably pricey guitars (i.e $2,200), what way did you get it sold at the price you wanted it?

Much appreciated

I doubt it will go up too much in price in the coming years anyways. The thing that sucks about High End instruments is that they are very much like cars. Once they're off the lots the value drops no matter how immaculate it is, it's still "used" and people want a "used" price. Is it really that much on Ebay? Isn't it just a couple dollars to list something. I mean if you aren't going Ebay or CL then what route are you going to go?

You're probably going to have to take a hit a sell it lower then what you want, but not by alot since it is in good shape. I'm not to up-to-date on the prices of High-End ( Or any-end ) Jackson's though!
you'd probably get better responses in the electric guitar forum, just sayin.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Make an account on jcfonline and post it in their classified forum.

jcfonline is THE place for Jackson and Charvel guitars. Everyone there is going to know how much that guitar is worth and with that badass Shattered Glass finish, I don't think you'll have a problem selling it.

Alternatively, Craigslist will work just fine. Just list it at the price you want to sell it for and if anyone offers less, you tell them no. Its no big deal.

However, a used Jackson, even USA like that is probably worth a tad less than $2200.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by Nirvana_RATM2
I doubt it will go up too much in price in the coming years anyways. The thing that sucks about High End instruments is that they are very much like cars. Once they're off the lots the value drops no matter how immaculate it is, it's still "used" and people want a "used" price. Is it really that much on Ebay? Isn't it just a couple dollars to list something. I mean if you aren't going Ebay or CL then what route are you going to go?

You're probably going to have to take a hit a sell it lower then what you want, but not by alot since it is in good shape. I'm not to up-to-date on the prices of High-End ( Or any-end ) Jackson's though!

The USA models range inbetween 2000 and 2500. I was told that dealing with shipping, and the fee for putting it on the website (along with paypal, etc) I'd lose quite a bit. Plus if it weren't to sell and If i kept putting it up there, it'd add up.
Thanks for the help.
Quote by Pac_man0123

Gear:
Ibanez rg370dx gp1
Jackson Wr1 SGL
Line 6 Duoverb

HELP!
Quote by itchy guitar

jcfonline is THE place for Jackson and Charvel guitars. Everyone there is going to know how much that guitar is worth and with that badass Shattered Glass finish, I don't think you'll have a problem selling it.

Alternatively, Craigslist will work just fine. Just list it at the price you want to sell it for and if anyone offers less, you tell them no. Its no big deal.

However, a used Jackson, even USA like that is probably worth a tad less than $2200.

Thanks, I'll get that account started! I was thinking with the Stainless Steel frets it'd make it a little more pricey, also.
Quote by Pac_man0123

Gear:
Ibanez rg370dx gp1
Jackson Wr1 SGL
Line 6 Duoverb

HELP!
As far as im concerned i believe Jackson guitars drastically drop in value.

youll likely be losing a lot of money.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by poopsmith666
that guitar looks so cool man, why do you want an Ibanez instead?

I like guitar's with an 'all purpose tone' to it. This jackson is only good for heavy riffing and leads, plus i feel more comfortable playing an Ibanez. Theyre smaller, lighter, less bulky, and IMO, easier to play (probably cause i grew up with an Ibanez). I'm an all around musician and love playing all Genres, that Jackson's only purpose seems to be metal.
Quote by Pac_man0123

Gear:
Ibanez rg370dx gp1
Jackson Wr1 SGL
Line 6 Duoverb

HELP!
Quote by SadusAttack
Shut up and take my money, I want that Jackson!

DEAL!! hahaha
Quote by Pac_man0123

Gear:
Ibanez rg370dx gp1
Jackson Wr1 SGL
Line 6 Duoverb

HELP!
Quote by GezzyDiversion
Get some cute girl to hold it, take a picture and say in the add that the girl is included with the guitar.

I think ill take that idea. and you can have some of the profit of the sale. haha
Quote by Pac_man0123

Gear:
Ibanez rg370dx gp1
Jackson Wr1 SGL
Line 6 Duoverb

HELP!
Quote by itchy guitar

Made the attempt. Got banned from the jcforums after having my account for one day! They got mad cause I posted in the USA area, instead of the selling area. Problem is, I couldn't post in the sell thread, cause you have to become a platinum member, 15$ a month. Some forum.
Quote by Pac_man0123

Gear:
Ibanez rg370dx gp1
Jackson Wr1 SGL
Line 6 Duoverb

HELP!