We just got Sony ACID Music Studio 8 and a Tascam 1800 audio interface. It records, but there are some things i can't figure out. I mic my amp for recording, but when it's recorded the track has no waveforms. you can hear it, barely, and the waveforms aren't there, and the same issue with vocals and drums. I looked for a digital PAD and couldn't find anything, and the gain on the channels we're using are cranked on the Tascam. Can anyone help> We're fckng ready to record some shit, but we don't want people to not be able to hear it.
*Apophis*
On your audio interface input you have the volume up correct? Seems so simple but I've overlooked this before.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Hmm. I think so. It's at the Practice house right now. But I'll definatly look into that. Any other reasons why it would do that?
*Apophis*
I've had issues on and off with recording via mic and amp like this. I had to turn the amp up a bit to get it to come through correctly. Not sure if this is the correct way to do it but since I've gotten a better dynamic mic (Shure SM57) I haven't had the same issues I had before. What mic are you using?
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans