A used, 3 year old Marshall JCM 2000 DSL for £375, £484 cheaper than a new one would cost me at my local guitar store! Good deal? Or bad deal? (Assuming its not fallen to bits!)
Which DSL? I'd say not a good deal if it's the 401. Those have serious issues.
Quote by Roc8995
Which DSL? I'd say not a good deal if it's the 401. Those have serious issues.

If it's made after 2003 the heating issues are supposed to be fixed.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Don't think the 401 is £800 new haha.

Im gonna guess either 601 or the 100w head?
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by Major Sparky
If it's made after 2003 the heating issues are supposed to be fixed.

Yeah, just like all the problems with Bugeras were supposed to be magically fixed after they replaced that stupid little plastic clip.

Not buying it. They had inherent flaws with the cooling, and short of a complete redesign I don't think there was an acceptable solution for that amp. They're discontinued now, which I think is telling.
Im still looking at cabs, o think i again will go for a second hand one! I've always wanted a Marshall half stack so will probably go for the usual 1960 cab but might look for something different!
Quote by jambomarc
Sorry, its the 100W head!

THIS IS UG! YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO OWN A 100 WATT HEAD! SELL IT AND GET A 5 WATT TUBE COMBO!!!!!

Obviously I'm joking. Now that you have the head, you should look into getting a decent V30 loaded cabinet if you don't have one already.