Alright so im going to be getting a laptop, im thinking a new sony series or a samsung intelcore. i want to be able to record on it is what the idea is here, so im thinking about getting cakewalk home studio 7 xl, or just the regular not xl one, im not sure what the difference is because ive never used ethier, is it worth it for the xl? to my understanding the xl has drums and the regular doesnt? Also i want to get some type of pod, i was thinking the x3 but 400 is'nt in my price range, so probally a toneport or a ux1. ive read that the toneport sucks though and is not realiable? any feedback on ethier of these? I kind of just want a cheap pod that can run the metal shop, so i can get the 6505 model and triple recto model. Any feedback on this set up? suggestions? thanks.

edit: my price range is about 800-1000, and i play deathmetal primarily, if that helps.
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Last edited by OurRequiem at Apr 22, 2011,
i personally use the pod studio gx runs 99.99 at guitarcenter and it has the line 6 version of a triple rec and 6505/peavey type amps

take a listen to my tracks on my profile i use it on my guitar stuff
Quote by OurRequiem
im thinking a new sony series

LOL! Buying Sony is like buying an overpriced PC. You can get an HP or Dell with the same specs for half the price.

Just get a Pod Studio GX for $100 if you don't have any interest in recording anything other than guitar directly into your PC. Use Reaper, its cheaper and better than Cakewalk
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Fully agree with everything lockwolf said
Also if you get the metal pack try out the "Big Bottom" amp model. It's one of the most used for metal and has the best tone imo
well i want to be able to make drum tracks as well, i have a key board that i can do it with on logic, which i just recently fiqured out. And hey i didnt know, the sony had really good reviews and ive heard really good things about it, but whatever, dells are realiable idk why i didnt look at them lol. ive havent had any experience with reaper but i hear alot of people use it, and ive heard things made with it and they do sound pretty soild. ive never heard of the studio gx. actually i probally have just never noted it. ill look at it, but it doesnt need the metal shop then correct?
-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
Any thoughts on a Dell inspiron 3gbram 320 hd 64 windows? Considerably cheaper than my other choices...
-Peavey 6505+
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w