So here we go buying new axe found this one very interesting...
Buying non-FR one it seems stupid to buy /w FR for my actual place in bad ( rhythm machine muhaha)
So I'm buying also a new cab and trying to economically save some money and not buying instantly so I did research- as always.
1. http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_hellraiser_c_1_special_bc.htm

2. http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_diamond_c1_hellraiser_bch.htm

One has 85emg other 89EMG with single coil option - ( really wouldn't need that one)
Only difference I see is cosmetic - different binding one sparke white other one has yellow some kind of I dunno I liked 2. more
Plus inlays one is gothic cross other daggers but who gives a *hit

Which one would you pick ?
"Rise and rise again until lambs become lions!"
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
No, you shouldn't pour beer on your guitar.
The more expensive one has a black pearl binding, which to my understanding is more expensive. If you're sure you don't need coil-split, then I'd go for the cheaper one, as there are little other major differences in the guitar. Just saying that even though you're an rhythm guitarist in your band, is your place only rhythm? You'll never play leads? When you play live, it's sometimes good to have a Floyd rose installed to the guitar to do something wacky, or something smooth, like Vai. If you're sure you don't need a Floyd rose, go for the first one to save some money for a cab.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

I have #2 and it kicks arse! I am sure you will be happy with either one!!!
Quote by Sakke
The more expensive one has a black pearl binding, which to my understanding is more expensive. If you're sure you don't need coil-split, then I'd go for the cheaper one, as there are little other major differences in the guitar. Just saying that even though you're an rhythm guitarist in your band, is your place only rhythm? You'll never play leads? When you play live, it's sometimes good to have a Floyd rose installed to the guitar to do something wacky, or something smooth, like Vai. If you're sure you don't need a Floyd rose, go for the first one to save some money for a cab.

I'm pretty sure I can do leads without FR.... I was never and I will never be fan of FR don't ask me why It is just my taste.
In my band I'm more of a rhythm player that is taking care of new ideas - riffs, melodic parts that shitza, I was never good at composing solos just couldn't feel that flow.. I found myself in that...

ahh and forgot to mention the #2 has 81TW EMGs....seem pretty interesting hoho ;D
But are they really worth of 150€more?
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
Last edited by msoban at Apr 22, 2011,
Just read some EMG 81 vs 81 TW and obviously 81 more clearer, tighter has more mids. TW is more 'meaty' and not so defined as 81. That was for 9V - for 18V have no idea.
Probably going for Special C-1.
Just one question any difference on tuners in these two? I found they really important since I have low tunings.
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
I own that one, but with the FR. I was traditionally a Strat player, but decided to get into some heavier stuff. I don't have any complaints about the guitar. I like the SD Blackouts. I find their quality very comparable to the EMGs. You'll hear different opinions from different people about SD vs. EMG, but you can't knock the quality.

The lack of inlays takes a bit of getting used to, but isn't a major detractor for me.
i have the c1 special (but with fr) and a feloow guitarplayer/friendofmine/bandmate/blabla owns the blackjack ( without fr) and we did some comparisons:

-atx: ebony fretboard without inlays looks KILLER

-c1 special: daggerinlays look way better then the abalone crosses from standart c1
but the rosewood is... yeah its the most used fretboard wood , so nothing special here

- atx and c1 special feel almost exactly (couldnt feel a difference) the same and play EXTREMLY similar ( the same xD). the neck joint is godly!!

- i like the red, (and ofc theclouded top) of the special more than the aged white finish of the atx , but theyre both of very good quality

Pickups: -atx vs c1 spec. : i like the emgs more than the SDs but they are REALLY REALLY close (the most important difference is the usage of the 81 and the 85 vs the usage of 2 sd blackouts , you still get the characteristic differences between neck and bridge , but just not that "distinct" as it is on the emg equipped one)

resumeé: in MY oppinion its just a matter of taste, theyre both high quality and fun guitars. if your obsessed with ebony take the atx , if you want to save a few bucks choose the special. none of them will be a let-down

Edit: as you chose the string thru body type: there is little difference: atx has locking tuners! the special does not have them. its not a big difference but i forgot bout that, since my FR version of the c1 special has no need for locking tuners. (they are a nice featuere but not much of a deal-breaker, in my eyes)
PPS: http://www.thomann.de/gb/schecter_hellraiser_special_c1_limited.htm
(not to be taken THAT serious )
Last edited by Rash Kah at Apr 24, 2011,
hehehe saw that one too
I am more choosing in the side of special c-1 the black onehttp://www.soundsgreatmusic.com/AdminImages/Products/tsbite_50/9629_big.JPG without the FR obviously
Do you think those locking tuners will be a problem?

Another thing I'm new at 25.5 scale guitars I played Gibson Explorer. I am playing If I had to describe my style sorta in "which band" type it would be a mix of Lamb of God/Feared-Scarpoint style and I have these more short than long fingers ( but not too short eh ;D) they're also not very thin... more dimebag style fingers
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jrdsw1PwxV0/TVSUbo1l39I/AAAAAAAADIE/N3WtgBtcwS8/s1600/dimebag_darrell.jpg

Would be hard for me to play that fast stuff on the 25.5 scale?
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
as for the locking tuners: they a add a bit off "detune stabilization". means: your guit wont go out of tune easily. but to be honest i never had a fixed/string thru bridge guitar going out of tune suddenly (id did, but slowly during 2 weeks or smthing). so i dont think theyre neccesary and/or worth the 150€ the atx is more than the c1 spec. and as for the scale. i difnt felt that much of a difference my 25.5 schecter and my 24.75 lespaul/explorer. and it definitly doesnt slow down your playing
Quote by Rash Kah
as for the locking tuners: they a add a bit off "detune stabilization". means: your guit wont go out of tune easily. but to be honest i never had a fixed/string thru bridge guitar going out of tune suddenly (id did, but slowly during 2 weeks or smthing). so i dont think theyre neccesary and/or worth the 150€ the atx is more than the c1 spec. and as for the scale. i difnt felt that much of a difference my 25.5 schecter and my 24.75 lespaul/explorer. and it definitly doesnt slow down your playing

awesome! definitely buying it
Quote by Kalo Hanaka
I have the 7-string versions of the HellRaiser (fixed and OFR), the BlackJack and BlackJack ATX. The BlackJack looks subdued compared to the attention whorish looks of the HellRaiser's binding. But then, looks are all preferences. BTW, Schecters are very nice Bang for the $$$, specially the Used ones in mint condition.

Good Luck!

what do you think for soundwise? you like emg or duncan more?
Im going for fixed one if the blackjack then it will be aged white which I like the most because of look or Hellraiser c-1 STBK one.
Quote by Kalo Hanaka