Which B.C. Rich guitar is best to play the following genres:

rock, alternative, folk, industrial rock

I'm mainly into folk and rock really... but I play occasional alternative and industrial.

I'm mainly looking into the B.C. Rich Mockingbird and the B.C. Rich Eagle models

Please don't recommend me any other brands or guitars, i'm trying to decide between these two. Thanks for the help.

http://www.bcrich.com/mockingbird_archtop.asp
http://www.bcrich.com/eagle_archtop.asp
You're probably going to get bashed about wanting a B.C. Rich, but you are looking at the higher end one. I'd suggest the Mockingbird, since I've always wanted a Mockingbird. But it's up to you which shape you prefer. They're the exact same guitar spec wise.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
either, they are exactly the same except there different shapes
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I prefer the look of the mockingbird.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
I would love a Mockingbird. They are beautiful looking guitars. And I'm into Les Pauls mainly, the sort of elegant and well presented guitars. But Mockingbirds are hot.
I'm doing my best to keep my snide remarks to myself... But honest question, why just a BC rich? and why for folk? It seems to me that you might not understand how to follow stereotypes lol.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Well, Mockingbird looks more of a BC Rich "classic" to me than the Eagle model. So go for the Mockingbird. Although if I got a Mockingbird, I'd get one in red or black with chrome hardware.. but whatever.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Apr 22, 2011,
i'd say the mockingbird as well, since you said you're mainly folk, they both have the right finish, but the mocking bird stands out a bit more then the eagle, as well as work a bit easier in the other genres you play
note to all haters: these are higher end B.C. Rich's, they're very good guitars (and the rockfield pickups are very nice)

I would go with the Mockingbird. I just prefer the looks. aside from that, it's really up to you. they're pretty much the same guitar with a different body shape
Quote by Lt.DanHasLegs
I'm doing my best to keep my snide remarks to myself... But honest question, why just a BC rich? and why for folk? It seems to me that you might not understand how to follow stereotypes lol.

It was several shop keepers who recommended these to me. Thanks for trying to not sound snarky btw.
those look like amazing guitars, bc riches in the higher end are nice quality, ignore the haters

just because this place is filled with people who only love strats, ibanez's and les pauls doesnt mean everyone else does, hell i dont even see people getting sgs on here unless its an epiphone g400

but they are the same, go for your favourite shape
Quote by effyeahjade
those look like amazing guitars, bc riches in the higher end are nice quality, ignore the haters

just because this place is filled with people who only love strats, ibanez's and les pauls doesnt mean everyone else does, hell i dont even see people getting sgs on here unless its an epiphone g400

but they are the same, go for your favourite shape

+1000
Most people on this site will recommend Schecters for almost everything
As long as the build quality is better than average, it's comfortable in your hands, and you like the way it looks, pick whatever guitar fits your fancy. I like the B.C. Rich shapes. A mockingbird is one guitar I want to add to my collection one day. I used to like the Warbeast I have. It was a great guitar for me to learn on. But these days, I just don't care for it that much. It's the thick neck that really bugs me, and being awkward to play sitting down.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
The only BC Rich I would buy would be a 70s or very early 80s model. If you found an Eagle from that time they're awesome.

The new USA models are great. The Ed Roman Abstracts are cool as well.

Schecters are garbage aside from the 80s models like the PT.
Last edited by e-taubs at Apr 22, 2011,
The Mockingbird (even the ST) isn't great to play, and it's uncomfortable unless you play in the classical position, in which case it's alright. Go for the Eagle but make sure you get a higher end model
Quote by Koshman32
+1000
Most people on this site will recommend Schecters for almost everything
As long as the build quality is better than average, it's comfortable in your hands, and you like the way it looks, pick whatever guitar fits your fancy. I like the B.C. Rich shapes. A mockingbird is one guitar I want to add to my collection one day. I used to like the Warbeast I have. It was a great guitar for me to learn on. But these days, I just don't care for it that much. It's the thick neck that really bugs me, and being awkward to play sitting down.

I haven't jumped that wagon cause I really don't like the Schecter's neck. I also want to add a Mockingbird to my collection.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by Sakke
I haven't jumped that wagon cause I really don't like the Schecter's neck. I also want to add a Mockingbird to my collection.

Im not a fan of Schector necks either. Jackson's have the best necks for what I like. I think when I'm ready for a mockingbird shape, I'll get a Hufschmid guitar made.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
you should definitely try some guitars first then, because im faster on a schecter neck then my esp, well about the same

and i had fender necks and ibanez necks

everyones different i suppose, but you should try an get a feel for what suits you, because i was gonna get a fender tele before i actually played one, but now i kinda want one anyways...

but youll never know what feels good till you try it!
I'm definetly going to try and test some guitars out.. but the next question is- Are these guitars good for:

folk, industrial styles, rock, soft rock, alternative

I'd like to stay more on the folk and rock side.. not so much industrial.. now what?
ive never heard of the pickups so i cant speak for them but everything else leads me to believe it will be, its mahogany with an ebony fretboard so expect it to be on the dark side tonally