I recently picked up a 15-watt Egnater Tweaker head for a really good price, but I still don't own a cab for it.

I play gigs here and there for small to medium crowds (20 people minimum, 300 max) but I'm not sure if a 1x12 cab will be loud enough for practices and shows etc. I play a variety of styles from post-rock ambience to stripped down stoner-jam rock. Is it a better idea to pick up a 2x12, just in case I need an extra push for when I need it, or will I be alright with a 1x12?

Thanks!

Best layout in everyway.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Well to be honest, a 2x12 isn't going to be that much louder than a 1x12. It'll sound a lot fuller, but not really much louder. If you needed a gigging amp a 15 watt amp might not have been the best choice. Can you mic your amp?

EDIT: This isn't to say that you can't get by with your amp. Some 15 watters can be used to gig, some get drowned out. Depends on the amp.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by Major Sparky
Well to be honest, a 2x12 isn't going to be that much louder than a 1x12. It'll sound a lot fuller, but not really much louder. If you needed a gigging amp a 15 watt amp might not have been the best choice. Can you mic your amp?

EDIT: This isn't to say that you can't get by with your amp. Some 15 watters can be used to gig, some get drowned out. Depends on the amp.

nah....I've gigged with my Blackstar ht-5 at a same sized capacity gig the TS mentioned....it wasn't even near fully cranked either...and if you need to be louder...just mic it up!! 15 watts is plenty for what he needs. as for the cab....go with a 2X12 it will sound richer than a 1X12
Last edited by gurg06 at Apr 22, 2011,