I need some means of amplifying my vocals for my band. I was considering buying a 50watt guitar amp off thomann to serve the purpose.

I currently use my old 20watt stagg, it does the job at home but just won't cut it at rehearsals!!

I've seen all over the place to just get a PA but it's more money than I have to get a decent one?

Any opinions/advice on what to do with my predicament. If's for a groove/death/thrash metal band if that matters lol

Jordan
I would recommend you buying an active speaker on that same website. It will be better since it is designed for microphones, and you will have XLR and everything.

Buying a guitar amp for vocals seems like and odd choice to me. It will work but why not get the real deal?
Quote by alans056
I would recommend you buying an active speaker on that same website. It will be better since it is designed for microphones, and you will have XLR and everything.

Buying a guitar amp for vocals seems like and odd choice to me. It will work but why not get the real deal?

Sorry I'm a bit of a gear-noob lol what's XLR? And would this active speaker function like an ordinary amp? or how's it work?

Thanks for the replies by the way!
Okay I remembered what XLR is lol but I'm not worried about having it or not I just not sure what I'm looking at when I read the details of the speakers?

Like how do I tell if one is suitable or not?

Or should I just get a monitor seems as I'm really the only one who needs to hear my vocals?
XLR is the standard port for microphones, its round and has 3 holes inside on a triangle shape.
You would need to buy a XLR-Jack cable to make it work on a guitar amp.

An active speaker is a speaker designed for microphones that works exactly like any other amp. Plug it in and youre all set!

Active means that you don't need anything else, like a mixing desk etc.

For example this speaker : http://www.thomann.de/gb/behringer_eurolive_b215d.htm

Is great. I have the same kind at my reheasal space and it's really good. It works a stage monitor too.
Last edited by alans056 at Apr 22, 2011,