Page 1 of 2
I know i know, im not asking for medical advice, I just wanted to know if anyone else eats this much fish and plays guitar with no problems

like having high levels of mercury in you, if it would affect your motor skills at all

For the last week I've been eating a lot of fish. I ate 4 meals total of tilapia for the first two days, then the next 4-5 I finished two huge pieces of salmon. Like 3 meals a day of I would say a 1/3 pound of salmon per meal.

so?
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Apr 22, 2011,
you're secretly a shark-human hybrid. does one of your parents show signs of being a shark?

ex:

Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Eating fish has absolutely nothing to do with your ability to play guitar. It's like saying if I drink water will my car's gas tank be full in the morning.
Quote by SKArface McDank
I know i know, im not asking for medical advice, I just wanted to know if anyone else eats this much fish and plays guitar with no problems

For the last week I've been eating a lot of fish. I ate 4 meals total of tilapia for the first two days, then the next 4-5 I finished two huge pieces of salmon. Like 3 meals a day of I would say a 1/3 pound of salmon per meal.

so?

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Is TS calling good guitarists fish? Then what's a bassist or a drummer for that matter?
first of all, all seafood is vile. second of all, there is no known correlation between high mercury consumption and the ability to play guitar.
The line asking about mercury poisoning got deleted before i posted, my bad. but yeah, i think a spike in mercury levels would have something to do with it no?

I learned Snow by RHCP like 2 days ago, and had the picking down almost perfectly, and now I can barely control alternate picking
Last edited by SKArface McDank at Apr 22, 2011,
ye eating fish and playing guitar isn't really a problem, it might be hard though to grab a fork or whatever and still being able to play a bare chord

and try avoiding playing guitar with your greasy fingers , or your guitar will smell like fish
Last edited by ComradSputnik at Apr 22, 2011,
dude, that's got nothing to do with your guitar playing.
and by the way: one-sided diets are very bad for your body.
What?
Well I sure as hell haven't ran into any problems, you murdering ****.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I know theres no correlation between actual guitar playing and mercury levels, but im asking about its effect on motor skills, which in turn would affect guitar playing ability
I ate a tuna salad, and now I can't do barre chords. Sort that outts.
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.

the man's work was terribly overrated.
i'm assuming that's what this thread's about?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by SKArface McDank
I know theres no correlation between actual guitar playing and mercury levels, but im asking about its effect on motor skills, which in turn would affect guitar playing ability

it's technique and experience that allows us to play better, not advanced motor skills.

so all i can say is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Placebo
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Everyone knows you arn't supposed to eat fish then play guitar. Thats as bad as eating chicken then reading a book.
Quote by MakinLattes
first of all, all seafood is vile. second of all, there is no known correlation between high mercury consumption and the ability to play guitar.

first off, you are dumb. all seafood rules

there is no second
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
It's definitely not a placebo effect, I didnt even think about the possibility of it until I realized I could barely play correctly. If not that, then I dont know what it could be
I know I had the song down when I learned it, and now I can barely pick the strings right
Quote by MakinLattes
you're an imbecile. seafood is abhorrent.

lol whatever, to each their own i guess.

i love seafood.
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
Quote by poopsmith666

lol whatever, to each their own i guess.

i love seafood.

fine, fine. I can't eat seafood, it makes me throw up violently. and TS, I'm pretty sure a few days of eating fish constantly won't kill you or make you move jacked uppedly. it could be something else entirely.
Quote by SKArface McDank
like having high levels of mercury in you, if it would affect your motor skills at all

wtf is wrong with you.

As far as i know, mercury is pretty damn toxic...
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Somedays I pick up guitar and can nail 5 string sweeps I've been practicing. Somedays I pick up a guitar and can't even do a simple pentatonic run. Maybe that's happening to you?
Quote by Somekid94
Eating fish has absolutely nothing to do with your ability to play guitar. It's like saying if I drink water will my car's gas tank be full in the morning.

Lmao
Quote by Somekid94

That depends. Sometimes I go out drinking and wake up with my tank full. Not of petrol, though.
Quote by MakinLattes
you're an imbecile. seafood is abhorrent.

Does Oregon only have Long John Silver's?
That's such a random question. How many people are this concerned with the effect their eating habits have on their guitar playing?
Quote by TimTheWizard
Is TS calling good guitarists fish? Then what's a bassist or a drummer for that matter?

Sea cucumbers. They are sea cucumbers.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
I love seafood but I get horrible stomahaches and puke all over the place when I have it
Quote by SKArface McDank
It's definitely not a placebo effect, I didnt even think about the possibility of it until I realized I could barely play correctly. If not that, then I dont know what it could be
I know I had the song down when I learned it, and now I can barely pick the strings right

Stop trying to find excuses for your shitness
I eat fish everyday and I'm the fucking shredd0rz
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
You may have a point...I am not an MD but - you could be experiencing gout symptoms. If you are consuming a lot of alcohol, maybe a little on the heavy side and eating a lot of fish. I have a similar situation and every time I go on an extended fishing trip. I get almost arthritic symptoms in my knees, feet and fingers.

I'm sure if it is dehydration or gout like symptoms, but as I have gotten older I have started trying to take a little better care of myself on my trips.
Quote by Kylianvb
So, TS, do you like fishsticks?

yeah makes no sense and is not funny when its in text..

Quote by DaveM666
Stop trying to find excuses for your shitness

and suck a fishdick
oh also, I'm pretty sure you need to get a new amp
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Tilapia and salmon are incredibly healthy meats. If I had to theorize why you aren't good at guitar anymore, its because you've done some lean bulking from all of that protein, and now you have fat fingers.
Page 1 of 2