Just looking for something good for Post-Hardcore, I've noticed a lot of bassists play something different. A Warwick, a Fender, a G&L, a Lakland, and stuffs like that. I'm looking for something that has a nice thin neck, preferably single or split coil pickups. Fancy looking bodies are always a plus.
If you guys have some good ideas, post the link here. =]
Thanks guys.
Budget? If you have infinite moneys I'd recommend a Warwick or Spector. Fender is the obvious choice though, as long as you are willing to put up with a traditional shape.
Just go down to a music store and try out some basses in your budget. There is no 'bass for post-hardcore' What ever feels and sounds good to you is the right bass.
Quote by Spaz91
Budget? If you have infinite moneys I'd recommend a Warwick or Spector. Fender is the obvious choice though, as long as you are willing to put up with a traditional shape.

Haha, sorry. $1,200.
Quote by YaBoiiMizz
Just go down to a music store and try out some basses in your budget. There is no 'bass for post-hardcore' What ever feels and sounds good to you is the right bass.

Go away.
he is right though, there are endless options for that genre and that budget. like you said you could get a fender a warwick a lackland a g&l or any other bass. go play as many basses as you can and find one that sounds good and feels good in your hands.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by the_perdestrian
he is right though, there are endless options for that genre and that budget. like you said you could get a fender a warwick a lackland a g&l or any other bass. go play as many basses as you can and find one that sounds good and feels good in your hands.

I've never seen a Lakland at my music store, and I've seen maybe 2 G&S. That's why I'm asking for certain ones.
Basses you should look at:
G&L L2000
Schecter Diamond P (if you have big hands)
Schecter Ultra Bass
MTD Kingston Artist (these are amazing if you can find them)
Fender Standard P Bass
Fender Deluxe Active P Bass Special
(A J Bass won't really deliver the cutting sound you'll need. I've played post-hardcore gigs with both a P and J bass and the P bass suits the sound MUCH better. I currently use a custom P Bass with a single passive EMG pickup and a Jazz neck and the sound is pretty much perfect.)
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by sonic_777111
Basses you should look at:
G&L L2000
Schecter Diamond P (if you have big hands)
Schecter Ultra Bass
MTD Kingston Artist (these are amazing if you can find them)
Fender Standard P Bass
Fender Deluxe Active P Bass Special
(A J Bass won't really deliver the cutting sound you'll need. I've played post-hardcore gigs with both a P and J bass and the P bass suits the sound MUCH better. I currently use a custom P Bass with a single passive EMG pickup and a Jazz neck and the sound is pretty much perfect.)

I'm digging the P-Bass idea. Haha. I love P-Basses.
I know the dude in Defeater plays one and they're definitely a major inspiration in my music.
Last edited by JahRiddim at Apr 22, 2011,
Why not a musicman stingray or a sterling ray34? The bassist for adtr plays stingrays and a fender geddy lee jazz bass.
a stingray would be good for drop tuning and they are active so you could use it for other styles just as well as post hardcore
Quote by Bag'ed
Hahaha, any paticular reason why the bassist needs to be female or are you just noncing?
You know, school girl and all that, 14-17?
Man, just get out your School of Rock DVD out and crack one off, don't go ruining young girls virtues!
Is that you NolanRocks?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
Is that you NolanRocks?

I forgot my password for that account. xD
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
He'll be gone soon anyway
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by JahRiddim
Interwebz kids be hatin'.

LOL I'm probably older then you.

BTW searchbar, this question gets asked at least once a month.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.