Page 1 of 3
im just going to use a black-drawn carriage, it'll be swell
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
At least that's one good thing about not having anywhere to go this summer.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
This better not mess with my europe road trip
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Keyword in that article being could. Gas could reach $100 a gallon next week too. Rubbish news that no one should pay attention to. Having said that, I don't think gas prices are going down anytime soon.
My driving test will be held this summer... I'm not scared.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by boreamor
Time to move to Britain. Oh wait, it's still more expensive here. Suck it up Yankies.

Inb4theyhaveabiggercountryandmoredistancetodrive
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
haha say you're all melted now
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Last edited by RubberPuppiessu at Apr 22, 2011,
They've said shit like that every summer since gas prices got out of hand.

It never gets as high as they claim it will.
Move over here and you'll have a right to bitch about petrol prices. I paid £1.37 per litre today, which in 'Mukan works out at £8.60 per US gallon. Boo hoo your cheap petrol might get slightly less cheap.
Quote by Kensai

inb4thatdoesn'tmatterthey'restillpollutingtheearthjustasmuchalsotheyeatmoremcdonaldsbecausetherearemorefatpeoplebutthepricesareroughlythesameeventhoughbritainissmalleranddamnthiswashardtotype.
Quote by Kensai

Except it is and we do. Our public transit over here is pretty crappy unless you live somewhere like NYC or San Fransisco. I know people that make a 72 mile/115 km drive to work every morning.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Apr 22, 2011,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Move over here and you'll have a right to bitch about petrol prices. I paid £1.37 per litre today, which in 'Mukan works out at £8.60 per US gallon. Boo hoo your cheap petrol might get slightly less cheap.

At my local asda it was like £1.29 a litre today

EDIT: I can't think of a single time when US Petrol prices has gotten close to UK prices...
Last edited by andyscoot at Apr 22, 2011,
I have a feeling it'll be like this for the U.K. Ugers.

If gas is more expensive in the U.S.: "Wow, don't know how you americans were so retarded in letting that happen..."

If gas is less expensive in the U.S.: "You guys are bitching about nothing. We're the ones who have it rough."
Quote by andyscoot
At my local asda it was like £1.29 a litre today

EDIT: I can't think of a single time when US Petrol prices has gotten close to UK prices...

Yeah

My fuel light had been on for quite a while, had I kept going 2 miles up the road I would have got to the petrol station I was actually aiming for, but I wouldn't have made it so had to stop at the stupid expensive Esso. After filling up I went past the Sainsburys one I had intended to use and it was like £1.31, and I paid £1.37, I was so annoyed
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Isn't that because there's a tax or something on it?

It probably won't reach 6 bucks here, although the highest I've heard was $3.95 and the lowest I've seen is $3.71
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

---Would've been a correct conversion if there were 6.3 litres per gallon
Alas, there are only about 3.80 xD. Still a lot but not the exaggerated amount
Posted though xD
I wonder how expensive gas will have to be to get these ugly Hummers off the road. I remember back the last time it went up over $4.00, you still saw a ton of people driving Hummers and Escalades and shit.

It doesn't hurt me much, because my S10 gets 24 MPG... on the highway at least.

I'm no environmentalist, but if there's one thing I hate, it's big ugly SUVs.
Quote by Kensai

To be fair, it's kind of true. The UK is about 243,000 square kilometers. The contiguous US is well over 7.5 million square kilometers. It's about thirty times the size if my math is right. And that's not including Alaska, which is about another 1.7 million kilometers.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by boreamor
Time to move to Britain. Oh wait, it's still more expensive here. Suck it up Yankies.

Except that we've become so used to bottom-dollar gas that our economy is nearly driven by the fact that we coud afford to have it like a baby drinking teat-milk.
Quote by sashki
If my calculations are correct, 6 dollars a gallon = 0.96 pounds per litre

LET THE FLAME WARS BEGIN

Did this take into account both the change in volume AND the differences in the worth of both currencies, or JUST the change in volume?
Quote by L2112Lif
Did this take into account both the change in volume AND the differences in the worth of both currencies, or JUST the change in volume?

6 DOLLARS a GALLON = 0.96 POUNDS per LITRE

Let's break it down

1 gallon = roughly 3.785 litres
6 dollars a gallon = 6/3.785 = 1.585 dollars a litre
1.585 dollars by the current exchange rate according to XE.com is 0.96 great british pounds
Last edited by sashki at Apr 22, 2011,
I paid £1.41 for a litre of petrol today. I would kill to get petrol for $6 a gallon.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

no, that would be £5.19 per US gallon, but that still comes out to $10.01 per gallon.

EDIT: my bad, the conversation rate on the app on my phone was way the **** off, it's $8.59 US per gallon, which is what you said, though you still said £8.60 per US gallon.

Quote by sashki
If my calculations are correct, 6 dollars a gallon = 0.96 pounds per litre

your calculations are way off.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Apr 22, 2011,
Quote by sashki
6 DOLLARS a GALLON = 0.96 POUNDS per LITRE

Let's break it down

1 gallon = roughly 3.785 litres
6 dollars a gallon = 6/3.785 = 1.585 dollars a litre
1.585 dollars by the current exchange rate according to XE.com is 0.96 great british pounds

Just checkin, people tend to give this stat without checking exchange rates.
Also, this is perhaps a controversial opinion, but the "Americans need to drive longer distances" doesn't really apply considering how much they love Hummers and SUV's. Maybe if they got over their hatred of fuel-efficient vehicles, then the argument of economically viable driving would become valid.

I've never been to the US, so my opinion is ignorant and full of shit, but it seems to me like too many people regard small cars as being "for pussies". They'd rather drive MANLY cars that run out of fuel before they leave the gas station.
Oh I think my mate worked it out sometime that the UKers are getting charged like 180% tax on top of standard petrol prices. I can't remember where he got that from though.
Quote by sashki
Also, this is perhaps a controversial opinion, but the "Americans need to drive longer distances" doesn't really apply considering how much they love Hummers and SUV's. Maybe if they got over their hatred of fuel-efficient vehicles, then the argument of economically viable driving would become valid.

I've never been to the US, so my opinion is ignorant and full of shit, but it seems to me like too many people regard small cars as being "for pussies". They'd rather drive MANLY cars that run out of fuel before they leave the gas station.

Somewhat true, but not the majority of people by a long shot. The longer distance thing isn't as relevant as the fact that due to our fear and hatred of taxes, our public transportation systems suck. Buses barely go where you need them to, no monorails or w/e you want to call them, and no public trains. Big cities are the only places where you can get around without a car.

But with that I'm out. I have to go make a 20 mile drive to get to band practice
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Apr 22, 2011,
Quote by sashki

It's not our fault that any car worth being seen in gets less than 15 MPG.
Quote by sashki

You don't see as many Hummers around here as you think. A lot of people drive trucks. But it often has to do with the fact that they need to haul things for their jobs.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
My truck also runs on subsidized propane, it stays below $3 a gallon no matter what, right now it's about $2.40, gas here is about $5 for regular. Weird they let us put it in our cars as it's subsidized for cooking mostly I imagine.
It's kind of a guzzler, 3L V6 Toyota 4x4. It's all dirt and crap roads here though so cars kinda suck.
Last edited by Tempoe at Apr 22, 2011,
Gas where I am is still under four dollars, chumps.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by sashki

That was true before 2007, definitely not anymore
Yet our reserves are as stocked as they have been for 50 years....I think they're saving it for something.

conspiracy.jpg
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
You don't see as many Hummers around here as you think. A lot of people drive trucks. But it often has to do with the fact that they need to haul things for their jobs.

I definitely see enough of the H2s and H3s. You don't see too many of the original Hummer, though. Personally, as a big old school muscle car guy, if I'm gonna drive something that gets terrible gas mileage, I want it to have some style.

Page 1 of 3